• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Alaska Experiment

jltimm

This show is like a car wreck for me now: As bad as it is I can't help but look. These have got to be 10 of the most irritating people in the USA who thought they knew something about the outdoors. My 11 year old was talking to the TV saying "Dont do that!" He even knew better than to try a 40 mile hike in the winter. I was hoping those 3 SanDiego yuppies would have to get airlifted out and off the show. I also noticed a tree line a half mile away when the announcer was claiming a 50 foot visibility in a white out.

Also, I really don't think those 2 hallucinating in the mountain wanted to see 3 more people to feed show up at the door. They have a darn small cabin anyhow.

The guy with his daughters has a huge house compared with the rest. And then that last couple shows up at their house because the guy thinks the only thing to eat in Alaska is lobster and clams.

Now I have to watch next week. It's like a bad addiction.

DD

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I laugh and want to jump up and slap them sometimes!!! But everything the trio went through crossing the galcier field was 100% accurate.

Distance is WAY deceiving up there. You can make 8-10 miles in the Rockies in a day but 3 (a true 3) in Alaska is a big day.

There's definately overstated drama on the show but everything has a just enough truth to be defensable. I see these people learning a lot of respect for the outdoors. Clowns or not. grin

There's a huge difference between being a good Minnesota Sportsman, and surviving winter in the Alaskan wilderness. Heck, even summer there can chew you up and spit you out; but winter shows no mercy.

Funny hearing someone telling of their 11 yr. old was saying "don't do that", when the 3 geeks decided to go-a-visitin'.

I had my eight year old next to me saying stuff like "man, they're way better off than anyone else. I bet goat is delicious. Why would you want to go see someone else not doing as good as you are?" And his best was, "they can hardly survive much less go out and look for playdates. This is no time for a playdate! That's just stupid."

Like our dogs, we should also learn to listen to our kids some times.....

I just watched it, those guys were really stupid. Said they packed food for 12 days but ate it in a lot less days. What's the matter with you. You were living good, just stay where you're at. Then falling through the ice and sending that poor girl in a rubber boat in that kind of current. It doesn't look like they had much respect for the outdoors, but I think they are learning you better have respect for it.

The cabin fever couple is funny. Go out side and do some stuff. Take the 22 with you if you have the fear of the wolves.

There had to of been some sort of incentive to make that trip. Nobody in there right mind decides to go for a 40 mile hike, in the winter, in the mountains, on a glacier, and in Alaska! Especially 3 IT people from LA or wherever they are from.

Did any one notice the jar of urine in front of the the indoor biffy when the guy with the daughters gave the guy from the wall tent a tour sick?

The guy from the wall tent looked like he was going to vomit. That has to smell rancid in that cabin.

So now the three IT idiots are leeching off a couple that have no food. Good call to go hiking and you leave all your moose meat behind. The Dad finds a lump, that has to be scare out there, especially if you have a history of cancer. Then you have the guy whose Dad is very ill. Sheesh, they are running into some problems.

Five people in that little cabin? No way. But I guess how could they kick them out. I am sure the producers had some input there. Those people should have locked the door and stayed quiet last week when they heard them coming.

I was pleasantly surprised though that the one girl knew how to clean a bird like that. It works great on pheasant down here and now on those white birds too I see. Learn something new every day.

DD