• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets see the Rigs for 2008!!

bassNspear

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my "New" boat. It's my first boat smile and I'm pumped to start fishing out of it. It's a '99 Tracker 16.5FT. Had out fishing for the first time yesterday and boated my first Muskie of the '08 season! What a bonus!

boatside.jpg

boatinter.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm pleased with the purchase. The price was to good to pass up! I'm really happy because we were able to easily muskie fish 3 people out of it, so i'm happy. The boat was cared for really well. Had my brother along for his first muskie experience, thought i'd be nice and put on a double 12 spinnerbait cause he wanted to see what it was like burning one of those, three casts later he said "ok you can take it off now" Now he wants to know if all the guys that burn DCG's have 20" forearms. LOL

Pic of the 36"er i caught

skie3.jpg

skie.jpg

Mattrd,

Very nice boat!! I think everyone would say that's a nice ride, first boat or 10th!

Nice 'ski too, I like the release pic and the story about the double 12 bucktail!

Enjoy and congrats!

My new to me rig, it's an 04 Monark with a 115 Opti on the back, nice deep family boat, it suits the wife/family and fishing needs well with removable pads for the front deck and a back bench seat that folds down for a large casting platform in back.

I fish musky primarily and it fishes very comfortably.

P1020075.JPG

Just picked up our new Lund from a dealer in WB Lake. Pretty good experience so far and we love the boat/motor combo. Lund 1625 XL SS that seems to have much more room than a 16 footer due to the hinged aft jump seats. Flip it down and it's a nice rear casting deck. Motor is a 75 Yamaha 4S EFI. Can't wait to drop her in the water this Saturday in Leech.

lundboat005rszdl4.jpg

lundboat004rszgq3.jpg

lundboat008rszfi3.jpg

lundboat011rszda1.jpg

Nice looking boat. I also have fold down jump seats (different style, different boat) and really, really like them a lot. I almost never have my 2 removable pedestal seats in the boat any more, just use the jump seats while running some where, then fold them down and start fishing.

It's sweet. I fish with 3 or 4 of us in the boat a lot, or cruise with my family of 4, and usually the only pedestal seats we have in the boat are the two right behind the driver's and passenger's consoles. Just makes the boat that much roomier smilecool ..... or lets you bring more gear with to fill up the space shockedmadcry

Quote:
or lets you bring more gear with to fill up the space shockedmadcry

Translation.....more "shtuff" for the wife and kids! laugh Or, at least that is what the extra room in my boat would be used for. shockedwhistle

I never thought of that idea when my wife and I were looking at boats in '06. We don't have jump seats in ours, but as I mentioned, when we look for a new boat, I'll be keeping the idea in mind. Taking out those pedestal seats really creates a lot more room, no doubt.

Thanks all. The jump seats were not really an official option for this boat (they are for the Classic which will apparently be replaced by this model someday). Really no difference though in the rear deck between the Rebel and Classic, so the dealer was willing to install them. Although there are bases for 4 pedestals in the rear, there really isn't room in the 16 footer. Anyway it was a nice compromise because we can now carry 4 comfortably and don't have to deal with the size and added cost of an 18 footer.

The boat is also pretty light. With where gas prices might be going, I might someday have to haul that boat with a crossover or -gulp- a minivan...

No splash rail. It's somewhat concerning to me since a 16 foot boat needs all the help it can get to remain dry. It looks real clean without one, but I don't have a feel for how functional they really are.

For comparison, my old 16' Forester had a similar hull design to IPS without a splash rail and was fairly dry. I don't think the Crestliner Fish Hawks have them either, but different hull design. The other two boats I looked at, the Alumacraft Classic and the Lund Classic, both had good sized splash rails.