• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

looking at a new wheeler?

Dahitman44

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i sold my yamaha outrite for$2500. 2000 kodiak. included custom made cover basket and ball and hitch. pretty much book. i think you can wheel and deal better without a trade in.

I saw the 500 h.o. advertised for 4990. It was probably non-current but based on that it might be tough to trade it in for more than kbb. Might want to try hsolist instead of the trade-in.

I feel confident in saying that you could possibly pull $3K from your 400 if sold ouright.

My dad had the same machine that he traded on a Rhino. The SP400 also had a plow and they gave him $3200 I think. This was about 1 1/2 years ago and the machine only had 300 miles on it. Most of those by me.

Originally Posted By: glenn57
i had a 400cc yamaha since 1990 and that started in any kind of weather. coldest i remember 22 below. same battery. i just sold it and buoght a 2008 bombamadier 500cc max xt. 2 seater efi winch windshield hitch for $9350. hear the can-am is now the route to go. always bee a ski-doo fan, really liked my yamahe wheeler.

9300 seems like a lot for a 500, I think I paid 9250, for a 800 xt (CAMO) camo's are 300 bucks more JUST BECAUSE!!!!,,lol

Anyway yes, I would never have bought one, but I got good money selling the popo

Originally Posted By: glenn57
the price included the 30 month warranty, 2 hats and a few other things.

I got 3 year, but wow, I never got a hat,,,,lol

must be a realllllllllllllllllly nice hat,, oh ya ya got 2 musta been left over from when I DIDN'T get mine,,,lol

Originally Posted By: Roofer
LEP7MM, you'll need that ice armour suit all year riding a Rene with no fenders. \:\)

Killer, bring that Can of spam up to the ride next weekend. grin.gif

I put the 12's back on and I'd never hear another word outa ya

Originally Posted By: Roofer
LEP7MM, you'll need that ice armour suit all year riding a Rene with no fenders. \:\)

Killer, bring that Can of spam up to the ride next weekend. grin.gif

You're looking to be handed a can of whoop........ ;\)

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
People can call them what they want, but IMO, Can Am has to be the boldest manufacturer out there with the diversity they've offered in there line-up the last few years.

Ahem,,,,,,, just to bring to light the last 6 years of atv's.......... The Outlander is almost a direct copy of the Kawi. It just has an aluminum frame, trailing arm suspension which is also independant and 51+ more cc's. Not to mention $2000 more in cost.

Aluminum frame only if your talking about the DS450.

The Outlander and Renegades have rectangular steel tubing. They may incorporate some aluminum where it's feasible, but the frame is steel.

the frames haven't changed as far as I know. They've always been steel tubing. Just thin walled. This is nothing that they can't fix by making the under side of the tube slightly concave or a channel.

Flat steel is easily manipulated. Once you start adding some bends to it, such as offsets or a concave feature, it will become more rigid. One example are the lines in the body panels of a car or truck. They actually serve a purpose to strengthen the body panels.

At my job, we work with thin gauge steel quite often so in order to strengthen it, we have to add an offset to the material in a press brake.

One could say the Can Am 800's are the ultimate trail machine and water crosser (mud nationals) with their "state of the art" suspension...........

But you know I won't admit that unless I owned one. \:\)