• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with line tying!

Philo

Anyone know a simple way to connect two lines? I have been all over the internet trying various two line knots, but I am not having any success with them. Any secrets? I guess I would have never made it in the Navy.

Keep in mind that the will vary depending on the lines yu're tying. I just got done rigging some rattle reels attaching braided to flourocarbon. I use arbor knots for tying 2 different size lines.

Are you tying a leader to your main line? If so: try this: lay approx 12" of your two lines side by side together, then make a big loose over hand knot and pull the loose ends through and pass through again.

It helps to lube the knot in your mouth as you pull the knot tight.( the friction of dry lines will make the knot weak especially with light line) You'll need to trim the ends with a clipper. I don't know what the knot is called.

This is a knot I use all the time for tying tippets to tapered fly leaders, so it works well with different size lines.

According to the knots in the above link, I use the "Uni knot's verion of the Hangman's knot" It works great for tying mono to super line. You get much better feel using a knot like this and keeping a swivel out of the mix!

------------------
Love them 'Pout!

Go to www.ask.com
Type in Palomar knot look at the first 2 sites they both have real good directions.
It's not called a palomar knot but it is there under connecting 2 lines.
Hope this helps.

------------------
Crappie:
It's the other white meat.