• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BIF's

Here's what I have...had to dig deep in the hard drive to find some more. I need to get out and shoot some more BIF pics!

All were taken with 100-400mm except for the eagle shot was taken with the 400mm f2.8 hand held...it's the only shot of a BIF with those lens. Need to get out and practice some more! \:\)

Great job everyone! \:\)

april18bif.jpg

april18bif2.jpg

april18bif3.jpg

april18bif4.jpg

april18bif5.jpg

april18bif6.jpg

april18bif7.jpg

april18bif8.jpg

Acouple smaller bif shots. Kestrels sure do not like to cooperate. I'd see one on a wire, pull over and get out and aim and he'd take off and I'd shoot. He'd land about 50 yards down the line and we'd do it all over again. He just wouldn't let me get that close. One of these times................

The blackbird was shot at F8 and 1/750 sec. and the kestrel at 1/1000 sec., both at ISO 400. I should have opened up a half a stop or increased the ISO to 640. For some reason this morning, I didn't even think about checking the shutter speed. I must have been dog tired.

I'm working my way towards the nuthatch bif. grin.gif

2425903570_5c8b8f3366_o.jpg

2425903448_4da4622ae2_o.jpg

This thread sure got buried quickly. grin.gif I figured if this ugly buzzard didn't crack Finnbay's lens, then mine should be safe. ;\)

2434112413_e7ae20da4e_o.jpg

I was driving thru the park and spotted a couple turkeys walking thru the trees. I stopped and got out, and all of a sudden this one comes flying across the road. Considering that it was a narrow state park road, I had time for one quick grab shot. It's not a keeper, but at least it's a new BIF.

2434112527_5386de5601_o.jpg

And here is kind of an accidental BIF of a yellow headed blackbird. He took off as I was taking the shot.

2434112645_cf6beefe92_o.jpg