• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sax/zim birds today.

I can't complain about not finding any birds today. There were shaptail grouse, shrikes, a few different hawks, and a variety of water fowl in the ditches, a sand hill crane, snow buntings and even a long-eared owl. C&C welcomed.

A not so sneaky hooded meganser trying to hide.

hooded-meganser2.jpg

This ones a little more flaunting.

hooded-meganser.jpg

The female model.

hooded-meganser3.jpg

One of the many wood duck pairs I saw.

woodduck2.jpg

I chased these guys up and down Hwy 7 all winter and could never get a shot and then all of a sudden today they are sitting on the telephone wires and let me walk up pretty close to them. Not the best picture but aleast I finally got something.

snowbuntings.jpg

Long-ears wasn't as impressed with me as I was with him. I barely got a glance from him before he went back to snoozing.

shortearedowl.jpg

shortearedowl2.jpg

And handsome ole Mr. Greenhead.

mallard.jpg

And a lone crane walking through a snowy field picking at whatever it can find.

crane.jpg

Great captures Jay!....You findly got your car fixed I see...the "bog" certainly is alive with the spring creatures for sure!....I too noticed a "bunch" of hooded mergansers as well as canada honkers and mallards in the ditch running along the length of #7....I think I saw the same flock of buntings also as they lit in the grass a few yards in front of my truck but always seem to spook as I get the camera ready....rare to see them sitting on the power lines ....great bunting capture! grin.gif