• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Preening eagle.

I had accidentally deleted one of my favorite eagle photos. I checked both computers and my flash drive, and it was gone. I think I saved one that I mistaken;y thought was the one I wanted, and deleted it before copying to my other devices. In the meantime, I found the rescue CD that came with my memory card. I managed to recover every image that had ever been on the card. That was so sweet. In the meantime, I ran across a few more that I didn't bother to save the first time around. This is one I find interesting, but for some reason didn't even bother to pay attention to it the first time around. Maybe I discarded it because the eyes aren't visible. Anyway, I kinda like it now.

2403565017_e28ffd3fc3_o.jpg

That's a nice shot, XT. Excellent exposure and detail in highlights and shadows. Good work getting them all back, too!

I periodically go through folders from two or three years ago because as I develop as a photographer the way I look at the potential value of an image changes.

Images I just shrugged over and went past a few years ago I often now see as good. Darn fine thing that we save those images, isn't it?

Thanks, guys. Yep, Rescue Pro to the rescue. The mini CD came with my purchase of a Sandisk Extreme III. I have bought Ultra II's before, but I didn't get the program with those. I had searched all over online for a program and found a couple that would do the trick. However, they wanted my money. Then I remebered this CD. What's surprising is, I had filled up this card, deleted the files and took more photos with the card. I was delighfully surprised. However, I did have to run the program in safe mode.

Hey X I think if you format the card and then take pictures you may not get them back. I'm not 100% sure, but I will run a test later and see if that is how it works. You are right only the Extreme III and IV's have Rescue Pro.