• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cardinal

Here is a happy dude I found while walking the dog today. He was semi-cooperative for about 1 minute. ISO 400, f8, 1/1600s with the Mark IIN and 300/2.8 and 1.4TC handheld. Cropped maybe 20%.

277291558_QFso3-XL.jpg

277292437_8UsM8-XL.jpg

277291141_S9jji-XL.jpg

Thanks guys. What do you think about the cropping in #1 and #2? If I cropped off the bottom a bit like in #3 you could clone out the branch to the left of the main branch. Opinions? Does it matter?

I usually don't spend much time cloning, it is what it is. Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks Steve and Mike I was kind of thinking the same thing, just helps to get a few opinions. Not a big deal not printing these or anything special.

MD thanks, the 2.8 feature really didn't come into play here at all. \:\) These were shot at f8. Most bird and or wildlife shots I take are in this range to get enough DOF to keep things sharp. If this was shot at 2.8 the whole bird would not have been in focus at the range these were taken at.

Originally Posted By: Dbl
Thanks guys. What do you think about the cropping in #1 and #2? If I cropped off the bottom a bit like in #3 you could clone out the branch to the left of the main branch. Opinions? Does it matter?

I usually don't spend much time cloning, it is what it is. Any thoughts on this one?

Hey Dan, nice image! I would say I like #3 the best, but would crop off some of the right hand side for comp purposes... not so centered ya know. grin.gif