• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can Vexilar and Zercom work in same house?

FOOTDOC

I have a Zercom clear water classic and my son has a vexilar 8 I believe. We are going to LOTW and in the same house and am curious if these two units are compatible or if I should borrow my friends vexilar 8 in order for us to both fish with similar units. Any advice is appreciated!

The Zercom will very likely have interference problems from the FL-8.

If the Fl-8 is an early model, it may also have problems from the Zercom.

If it is a FL-8 SLT you will be able to tune out any Zercom interference with the IR feature.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

I have the zercom classic, and my buddie has the vex fl-8slt. I can tell you this, my zercom interfers with his vex, and his vex dosn't interfere with my zercom what so ever. I think its got to do with the power output. after much adjusting, the vex can work besides the classic. I am getting rid of this zercom trash this weekend, and thinking about the vex fl-8se, since I also might but the otter lodge, I won't spend the 400 bigguns for the fl-18 or the marcum. I heard the new updates on the fl-8se are better noise rejection, so hopefully no other units will give me interference

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

You might want to consider the MarCum LX1 for around the same money as the FL8. It has everything the MarCum LX3 has except the adjustable zoom.

I cant speak for the fl8 but the FL18 and Marcum will experience interferane. I have the FL18 and my fishing partner the Marcum. You can use the IR feature to try to tune it out but it takes alot of tweaking to ensure both guys can fish with out the interference. We found that when the zoom feature was off on the Marcum the FL18 worked the best.

You can fish a MarCum LX-3 next to a Vex. without any interference issues, but you will likely have some issues trying to fish a Vex. next to a MarCum. Advanced interference rejection and higher power output to drown out the vex signals are what makes this possible on the LX-3. The LX-3 runs at 1500 Watts, the FL-18 at 400 Watts..

If your looking into the FL-8, the MarCum LX-1 would definitely worth taking a hard look at. The LX-3 is more similar to the FL-18, but it offers some more advanced features such as mid range zoom allowing superior target separation throughout the water column.

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 12-06-2003).]

FOOTDOC, knoppers is telling it like it is, you should be able to tune it out off of the Vex with some tweaking. I have both a fl8slt, as well as a Zercom CC. The Zercom will wreak havoc on the vex. Seen it happen many times, over many trips.

Simply speaking thru my own expieriences with both units over alot of on ice time with both of these units.

fiskyknut

[This message has been edited by fiskyknut (edited 12-06-2003).]

Whatever you may have experienced with interference in the past is history. The FL-18 and the new FL-8SE have upgraded interference rejection.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
320-293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

[This message has been edited by Derek Johnston (edited 12-07-2003).]

Derek, is this something that can be upgraded on an existing FL-18 or just on the new models? I got mine last year and my ice partner is a Marcum user. Please advise as if so it will be a good x-mas gift he can get me smile.gif

If your FL-18 or 8SE are getting interference from another unit, you have to remember you have 10 levels of IR. You need to cycle through all ten levels(pressing in the gain knob)until the interference is gone.

Some people just push it once and think they have to live with the interference.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
320-293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com