• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's New with Everyone?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: reelemin
Barb - its on the calendar, - I'm planning on it. grin.gif

You gonna be there?

Hopefully I won't break my neck before then, I want to take the hubby with too but I am not sure if the Popo can handle the both of us for long distances. It is a two up but we are a couple of real heavy duty beauties....... grin.gif

Lisa, just so you know, I'm laughing on the inside. grin.gif

What's new??? Working a lot. Don't know if/how much longer I'm gonna have this job, but the plant's sucking as much blood outta me as they can while they still have me.

Working on cars. Ugh. When it rains it pours. I got the wifes rig running good last night. My son took my truck to work a couple minutes ago and he's gonna put new tires on it while he's there!!! I knew the wife and I built him for a reason. grin.gif Gonna put brakes in my car today. Then, tackle, or start to tackle my boat. The boats a long story and you don't wanna hear my whining. grin.gif

I've started getting my open water stuff together, but there's still, seriously, aboot a foot and a half of ice on my lake. Supposed to be in the 60's today so that won't last long. Hopefully when it breaks I'll be out catching perch and crappies with the Mrs. We're still hoping to get "Up Nort" this summer. \:\)

The Mrs has been workin a lot too. Lot's of news for her to cover in the SW corner of the state.

Good luck with your schooling and muscle learnin. The hinder muscle is the biggest. Unless I start the lowfat Jenny Craig Weight Watchers High Fiber Low suger diet, my big muscles are't gonna fit into my pants anymore. grin.gif

Thanks for the "Good Luck's" everyone! Much appreciated! I need all little good will I can get... eek.gif

Hi boilerguy! You better make sure that your stop up north includes Mr. and Mrs. LisaTealz! Glad to hear your working alot-it keeps a guy outta trouble! ;\) My Honda needs new brakes, the windshield wiper stick thing replaced and my engine light won't turn off...what are you boilerguy jr. doing next weekend?? \:\/\:D

I think we're heading up to switch the boat with all the ice fishing gear around in a couple weeks. We need new boat seats so Jim's been researching which ones to get. He had to rewire the trailer last year so hopefully that won't give us grief again this year. I'm not as excited to get in the boat as I am on the ice though. I am not a very consistent walleye catcher like Jim is. I just sorta suck at it. Or maybe it's just how he positions the boat, eh?? ;\)grin.gif

I gotta share a couple Spring sitings around here in the last couple days. Dark-eyed juncos, red-wing blackbirds and siskins have returned to our feeders!! I also heard some robins on the bike trail. Yay! Now if the 3ft of snow would just melt out of my yard, we'd be doing good. mad.gif

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz
Now if the 3ft of snow would just melt out of my yard, we'd be doing good. mad.gif

Ya, good thing I didnt put the snow blower all the way to the back of the shed. But I think I figured out why winter won't leave us alone, Barb hasnt changed her snowy, cold looking avatar.

Originally Posted By: boatfixer
Now if the 3ft of snow would just melt out of my yard, we'd be doing good. mad.gif

Ya, good thing I didnt put the snow blower all the way to the back of the shed. But I think I figured out why winter won't leave us alone, Barb hasnt changed her snowy, cold looking avatar.

Do ya think?

My hubby Jim on Friday

Popo.jpg

My hubby Jim on Sunday

Jim4-06-08.jpg

Looks to be 18" and still snowing

This will warm ya up - OPEN water - AND - my rigged kayak!!

Had a great time on the water Saturday. Didn't catch anything, but it was great to get out. We launched at Ft.Snelling State park and fished the confluence of the Mississippi and Minnesota's river. Its the first time I'v ever fished the river. It was fun doing "the drift" with all the big boats. grin.gif

018.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

Tami, that is one very cool set up.I am extremely impressed. I did have a belly boat/float tube at one time,but it was really lacking in storage versus your rig. grin.gif That vessel looks like a lot of fun,but a kayak for me would be as big as a an aircraft carrier! \:D I'll stick with my boat for now.

Barb this thing almost impossible to tip and definitly impossible to sink!! I'v been swamped a few times, - water in the boat - level to the lake water and she won't sink. Most everything is within arms reach. The dry bag up front holds dry clithes and food , day stuff,. That I have to go to shore to get at. But everything else is right there ready to go, with a top speed of 4.2 miles mph grin.gif

If I ever got in the thing I wouldn't be able to get out, this old chubby body doesn't work well anymore. Guess I will have to stick to the good ole 16 and a half foot Lund. Of course with both me and my hubby that about how fast we can go with a 25HP Merc \:D

PS changed the avatar and it is still snowing

Barb, how much snow do you guys have now? We just got back from the cities (looking a new boat seats and drooling over the boats!) and it's pouring down there but it's a yucky mix in Carlton!! Wonder how much the cabin's got falling? You're new avatar is adorable!

Tami, your kayak set up rocks girl! As always, I'm very impressed. It looked like a nice day for being on the river too. Thanks for posting pics!

Barb, how much snow do you guys have now? We just got back from the cities (looking a new boat seats and drooling over the boats!) and it's pouring down there but it's a yucky mix in Carlton!! Wonder how much the cabin's got falling? You're new avatar is adorable!

Tami, your kayak set up rocks girl! As always, I'm very impressed. It looked like a nice day for being on the river too. Thanks for posting pics!

Measured it at 3pm and it was 18" and it is still coming down, heard we could get another 4-9"

Going nuts here, no satellite tv since yesterday and the only way I can keep connected to the internet is run outdoors every hour or so and clean the snow off the Wildblue dish. cry.gif

Almost makes me wish I had stayed in the Twin Cities area.....NOT

Reelemin- That is a awesome set-up with great organizeation. This would really be the ticket on some of the Northern backwter lakes I venture into! Now you got me thinking!