• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's New with Everyone?

What's new with everyone? Thank you Diana for the puppy pics! Has anyone been out fishing? I've been panfishing in March but not a lot of keeper size. I've been trying to clean fish with my new fish cleaning board. Check it out the Outdoor Pro Store . I'm really new at all this blood and guts stuff! It takes me forever to fillet a bluegill! I I'm not sure if I'll go looper fishing this year with my husband because I'm not very good at elbow to elbow river fishing. I'll let you know if I go/have any success!

I've been very busy with school. I only have about a month left of Spring Semester and I'm going to do Summer Session too. I'm doing really well and actually enjoy college the 2nd time around!

It's almost time for me to hit the Willard Munger bike trail! It's supposed to be 50 degrees in my area tomorrow so hopefully it'll melt tons of snow.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats new with me, you know work work work. its 50 degrees here now. just for the sake of discussion what do you want to be when you grow up? ie, what are you studying to do when you graduate in other words.

As of right now, I'll be on the Mississippi and MN rivers Sat. I've never fished a river before, so this should be interesting. I'll also post some pics of the "rig" - I'll be getting it out and cleaned up today.

there really is nothing quite like kayak fishing, you all should try it sometime \:\)

Are you a little nervous Tami? You'll have others there too so that'll be fun. The weather looks great too! I have to go the college's learning center and learn the muscles on Saturday. Not fun. \:\( but it's gotta be done. Big exam on Wednesday.

I little bit, but I'm glad I'll be in a kayak and not a canoe. crazy.gif

With my luck a hook a huge catfish or sturgon, and have to paddle into shore to get it off eek.gifcrazy.gif

Study hard on Sat. ..... I've started my new class for spring semister. "databases" I actually really like it.

i will be spending money on a new atv and doing a little ice fishing for sunfish sat. good luck with all your studying. i will think about you, maybe, studying while im trying to keep beer cold and reeling up fish.

hey i did wish ya luck studyin. i sold my kodiak yamaha and we are going to purchase a bombadier outlander max xt. which means its a two up seat, wench and more agressive tires to name a few.

no, not yet. im letting my wife decide what she wants to do. its either duluth, or the mall of america, i think. i just promised her it wont include fishing if thats what she wants.

Tami, if you happen to do good enough to decide to go back out on Sunday, look for me and Troy McLure. We will be in my little Red (decalless) Lund with a 15 Mariner near the confluence of the Sippi and the Sota. I will be watching to see if you make it out again.

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz
Wouldn't a big fish like that just pull you around? You have to get it to shore and then you can take it off? Holy heart-pounding excitement Tami! I'd love to see that. Crazy! grin.gif

yea -- I thought about that after I posted. eek.gif If a 17" bass could pull me into shore - think of what a catfish could do \:ocrazy.gif

Originally Posted By: polarsusd81
Tami, if you happen to do good enough to decide to go back out on Sunday, look for me and Troy McLure. We will be in my little Red (decalless) Lund with a 15 Mariner near the confluence of the Sippi and the Sota. I will be watching to see if you make it out again.

Polar - check the canoe forum and or here Sat. night and I'll post whether I'm going out again.

Where do you launch from?

I am hoping to launch at Lilydale and cruise upstream a bit. Hope the access isn't too busy. Being that Sundays weather is supposed to suck, we might be lucky out there with a decent in and out at the access. I know it gets crowded down there at times.

Sandmannd, I will give you a call. We are planning to get out probably around 8ish I hope. Rob and I are planning to head out and bring Rob's bro in law. My boat is gonna putt putt up the river with 3, but thats alright. We can figure something out I am sure.

I have packed away the ice gear and am going to start getting the freshwater gear ready. I also have to get working on my inventory for my craft shows this year. For the first time I have been accepted into Land of the Loon in Virginia and Blueberry Festival in Ely. So I gotta start smoking my sewing machine.

Tami are you thinking of doing the ATV Poker Run in May. would be nice to meet ya.

Barb