• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

metro

tednugefan

I've ridden C.C. Andrews. Not much there and pretty boring. Mostly fire roads and low maint. roads. No trails worth mentioning. Red Top near Isle, is one of the better places that isn't too far away. If you gotta haul it anyway might as well go to a place worth riding.

Agreed, most trails worth riding are going to be north.

But once the trails open up, I would recommend looking into a day trip to Trout Valley and Snake Creek. The SE MN Trail isn't too far from these, but after the flooding in Stockton last year, this one might still be closed.

Danbury, Wisconsin is another place. Not much mud, good trails, some hills, not very many signs so it hard to know where the trails go. Trails on both the MN side and WI side, 20 miles east of Hickley.

Originally Posted By: Dozer
General Andrews isnt much to get excited about. Pretty flat for the most part and DUSTY!
Thats what I thought I remembered about it!

The DNR description of the trail is, "Jack and red pine cover most of this forest, alongside stands of birch, aspen, and oak. These gently rolling trails provide an easy ride on fairly level, sandy soil." but then they rate the trail as "more difficult" I don't quite understand the more difficult rating, but anywhere you ride there is at least good scenery. So I just keep in mind, "A bad day of riding is still better than a good day at work! ;\)

Tri-County Pit between Northfield and Faribault.

The next best place would be either General C.C. Andrews, Nemadji, or Redtop.

Wow, that Tri-County pit is still open?

I went there a couple times in HS and it was a blast. (about '97)

I'm surprised it's still open but may have to contact the club and get there again.

Tri-County is open to everyone. There's a new addition also. Not quite as big as the other pit and no big rocks like the original pit.

It's fun to putt around in, but I tend to get bored with the same hills after a few hours.