• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's snowing here in Henderson now...

Had a heck of a time to get to work (Henderson) from Janesville. Slow going...But very nice and beautiful outside! I wished I could have stopped on the highway on the way here but didn't want to stop, too dangerous to stop with the roads being slippery and all.

Just when I was hoping to plant the potatoes next weekend..doesn't look like it's going to happen for the next couple of weeks yet!

I stopped at my parents house quickly to shovel their deck and took some quick pictures.

Nothing fancy, just quick shots. Here they are..

snowfall.jpg

snowfall2.jpg

snowfall3.jpg

It's supposed to get up to 8-10 inches in some spots. At my home place, Janesville, it was already 4 inches..here, in Henderson it's about 3 inches. And it's still snowing!

I guess I'd better wait another week before I get my grill out! Got a cravin' for those grilled steaks!

Thanks DeeDee, to tell you the truth, I'm glad it snowed today. It was a perfect temp for that. 37 degrees and snowing now. I liked it that snows heavy and then snow will be gone in a few days! It's the bitter cold that gets to me. This is the nice temps now that makes it worthwhile along with this kind of snow! That way I'm ready for GREEN! (spring) \:\)

Here's another one in black and white...

trees.jpg

Marc, that last image is really great. That'll look nice on a wall.

Nice work By the way, do you know any of the Fries' in Henderson? They're all family, probably aunts or uncles.

Mike

I was in henderson yesterday! We ran into a farmer that had been tossing out Deer carcasses in his field and there were over 25 Eagles enjoying the buffet. We stopped and talked to the farmer and he gave us permission to set up in his field... nice people in that part of the state!

buzzsaw,

was that just outside of Belle Plaine? I come through that area every day and noticed the eagles that are in that field feasting.

There has been a Redtail Hawk that has been feeding on a dead racoon about a half mile north of there on 169.

mountaindew,

the road past your sisters house would have been a great shot in that snow with the way the trees over-hang and the road goes into the valley.

Incase you're wondering who I am, my wife and your sister graduated together. Abundant wildlife out there too.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
buzzsaw,

was that just outside of Belle Plaine? I come through that area every day and noticed the eagles that are in that field feasting.

There has been a Redtail Hawk that has been feeding on a dead racoon about a half mile north of there on 169.

Thats the one.

Sorry I haven't replied. Was away from my computer most of the weekend, (Easter), ate too much food! sick.gif

Thanks all for your kind responds! \:\)

Mike (mmeyer), Yep, know the Fries pretty well. Steve is one of the good friends of my parents. Done all kinds of work for them doing construction work, remodeling and BIG deck around the house.

Mike (buzzsaw) I just got an email about it. I didn't know about that!! Too late. Rats! Would have loved to go there and shoot pics! Wonder if they're still around?

Lep7mm - I took that last shot on the same road towards to my sister's house! I have alot of those kind of shots. Can post some more pictures of that same area?

I'm trying to figure out who you are. My sister knows pretty much everyone here in Henderson and Le Sueur. Can you give me a hint?

No problem Marc. Glad I could help out. Bucks Lake on 93 might be another place to check out.

I'm looking forward to turkey hunting this spring. I have a couple areas that I've seen my first American Redstarts and Common Yellow throats.

Just got back. There were 2 eagle still feeding what's left of them out there. Got permission to set it up there, and by the time I got done asking permission and had walked up to the big shed, they flew away. I didn't have much time to stay that much longer, and wait for them to come back. About 10 minutes left to go back to work in time from lunch.

It was a long shot..used 100-400 with the 2 Extender on it. Tripod and No crop.

Just a group of crows feeding of it. Rats.. \:\(

deercarcass.jpg

Yep, Bucks Lake, I've been keeping track of that lake. It's been pretty quiet there. Occasionally, there'd be juvies out there with adult eagles. Quiet out there now. They're waiting for the ice to break out. That's when a major fish feeding would be from the lack of oxygen on that lake! I'm waiting for that to happen. 93 is the road I go on from 169 to and from Janesville towards to Henderson where I work.