• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jimmie Johnson

there problem started last year they ( the 24 and 48 ) were building the old cars for the championship when all the other teams were building and testing the cot. They both missed a cot test. the 48 had an old car model that had incredible wind tunnel data that never saw the track. the 88 and 25 teams did the r&d for the cot. which is why jr is doing better. mears has had bad luck and is inexpieriance. Give hms some time and they will figure it out, they are too good. Ie too much money to go down hill. speed is money money is speed how fast do you want to spend. I worry that the toy's will spend way more just like in the trucks. P.S I think they might have also reliesed that being first doesn't matter as much as to having the most wins going into the chase look at last year.

To some extent bubs you might be right that they focused a lot on the CHASE last year, but Jimmie Johnson has been quoted as saying that Gordon has the best feel for the new car at HMS. Even Jr. agreed as I recall. Jeff and Dale have both run better than Jimmie, Jeff hasn't got the results to show for it but he's been fast everywhere but Bristol.

JJ will be there in the end, simply too much talent between him and Knaus, plus the HMS resources. But, for reasons all my own I love seeing him struggle. I find it flat out enjoyable looking at Knaus' expression on tv when they are missing the set up.

Well we all need to remember that this stuff now doesn't really matter anymore anyway. We only have a ten race fake championship season and 24 and 48 will be hard to handle in the end...

I won't go quite so far as to say he "fully" back. However, he has been running good as of late, and it's not like he really stole the race Saturday night by coming from 25th and winning on fuel mileage, as he was running in the top 4 anyhow.