• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Taylor throws KG under figurative bus

Scott M

from Jerry Zgoda on StarTribune:

Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor, never a man at a loss for words or an honest answer, was asked Tuesday morning at the team’s annual photo shoot why the Wolves are winning now — four of their last six — with extra NBA draft lottery chances on the line after they seemingly did everything they could the last two seasons to lose and keep their protected draft pick from the Clippers.

“I don’t like that so much, I don’t like that,” Taylor said of the notion the Wolves tanked last season. “It was more like, I’d say, K.G. tanked it.”

Taylor said Garnett took himself out of the lineup with five games to play last season for what the team called an injured quadriceps muscle.

“The other guys still wanted to play and stuff like this here,” Taylor said. “But it sure changed the team. It didn’t make us as (good). We wanted to play Randy (Foye) and some of the other younger guys. But this year, if they win, they win.”

Taylor said it’s important for his team to win as often as it can in the season’s final weeks for the players and the fans.

“I think we have to show the fans that there is a plan,” he said. “That we’re going to improve and you can see where we were and you can see where we’re going and that next year we should be a better team.”

Taylor said the organization should do nothing to reign in a young, growing team.

“This is not about winning and losing,” he said. “I said that at the beginning. It’s just how you’re going to play. I don’t want to change at all. We have the young guys out there. I don’t know how you’d lose. You’d have to put the veteran guys (back in there).”

Wow, first it's Flip Saunders fault, then Casey wasn't keeping up with the team's expectations, now KG was tanking? Which is it? Time to get rid of the owner and GM.

I wouldn't get rid of Glen, but KM needs to go. I think he's in a hard spot. KG put his effert forward for years and it got him nothing. He shoulda played the last few games, but I'll always remember the great play we got night after night.

I just can't understand how we suffer through the season watching them lose and now I see the potential they have and I believe they can win games now but I don't want them to win anymore games!!!! They are now tied for the second worst record with seattle and memphis and we play memphis at home in the next day or two so odds are we might be at the 4th worst record by the end of the week!!! I want the best odds we can get to get Michael Beasley and if this winning keeps happening we are getting further from those odds!!!! I wish they would play games close and then tank them in the last 4 or 5 minutes.....

Originally Posted By: Hammer Handle
I guess I don't think this is really a big deal.

I don't either but the MEDIA sure does.

Taylor should have given Garnett a pass on that one after all Kevin was the definition of husle and determination on the court his entire career here.

Big deal so he "garnett" took a couple games off at the end of 2 dreadfull season's in which Garnett gave his all every second he was on the floor for us.

I think KG handled it very good, and Taylor classless after the man carried his team for ten odd years. BUT.. KG could have at least played in parts of those games. I plunked down a buck fitty ealier in the year for my kid to go. All he remembers is KG didn't play. Tanked, no. Quit, yes. Ask my kid.

I kinda lost some respect for Taylor, KG was the face of the wolves. I look at it in KGs eyes, the season was done for no chance for anything, try and get healthy for next year, not worth hurting yourself for one more win in a pointless season.