• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good news!!!

Yepper... Its official... Im a proud boat owner now... I got the title to the boat today in the mail!!! So cool to see my name on the title!!! At least I have 83 days to prep it for the Muskie Season Opener!!! Just need to get it out of the @#$%& storage!!!

Rebel:

What did you end up getting? It is pretty cool, but now your urge to get on the water is going to really drive you crazy!!! If it is nice out today, I might open the garage and stare at the ol Lund for a few hours!!!

Bret... I made a posting about this boat about a month ago... Heres the link, it'll explain the whole situation... Its a 1988 Bass Tracker 1800TF with 150 HP Mercury... http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1273526#Post1273526

Keith... thats for sure...

Delmuts yepper but it will take a while... Im thinking about a good trolling motor to start off, then invest in a very good sonar/GPS system... but gotta make sure the boat is 100% operational...

yeah i thought that was you. the reason i asked is there is a service buliten on some vehicals about switching over to LED's on trailers. apparently on some there is a surge back to the electronic flashers that blow out bulbs really fast. i know dodge trucks have the problem because a mechanic friend of mine at work was blowing his bulbs out and he did some checking on some HSOforum they have at work they pay for, and found out about it. he checked on my yukon and did'nt find one (i've been going to do it for two years, lol) but that just could mean it's not an issue ''yet''. gonna check with GM sometime this week. anyway ask your local dealer about your make vehical. the problem is these flashers don't have the resistors to compensate for the surge, so if thats the case then it needs to be changed to a flasher that does. his works fine now that he changed it, he said. good luck on the new boat.

well, i aint no expert on it but my take on it was, please confirm this, was it's the electronic flasher for the vehical. some have the resistor but not on his truck which is about a '04 1 ton duely. it's the flasher itself that needs to be changed out. he got his OEM and was'nt sure if there was after market flashers with the resistor or not. best bet is just ask a dodge service department. at least you can go in acting like you know a little bit whats up. good luck... on a side note i was held up by a waterheater dissaster so i have'nt finished that pink marabou yet.... (it's in the Bucktails thread)... need to still put epoxy over the wraps and then wait. then i can put it together. grin.gif

Larry -

Congrats on the new rig. You'll have a lot of fun playing with it and readying it for the season. Like I said in another post, my brother and I have gutted and re-worked a couple boats so we may be able to help a tad if you need it.

Good luck - erik