• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Late Metro Get Together

Thanks Tom.

They put 2 units of blood and 2 plasma in him Tuesday and it was gone on Wednesday. They did another 2 blood and 3 plasma yesterday and so far it seems to be good. We don't know what's causing it yet though.

We'll all be thinking about you and your family Shane.

I'll still be out there if anyone else is interested in getting together. Will probably be just downstream of the shanytown. Check out my avitar. Little red GMC / purple otter.

I should be there by 6:30 - 7:00am.

For those not familiar, just south of Bayport, entrance to Clyde's Bayport Marina. Take the first quick left, cross the RR tracks. Once on the river, cross to the Wisconsin side and head north just a bit. Look for my truck.

Thanks to all for the thoughts. The problem is that he had to ulsers in his stomach. One was quite large. The got the bleeding to stop and put him on meds. Hopefully he should be good. Still in the hospital for a couple of days.

I'll be down there today and tomorrow morning. I think it will be cold enough tonight and tomorrow night that there should be some refreezing.

I'll post tomorrow on conditions.

Anyone down there this morning that can give us an up to date report?

was down there this morn for awhile . the ice is fine, the shoreline to get on is fine ,but wet . there's alot of water on the ice ,which makes it kind of a pain, the road to get on is getting real bad as it does every year. was only down there till about 9:30, caught 5 craps and some huge silvers .there was constant action on the lx-5. probably will also be down there sat morn ,if i am i'll look you up donbo.

Just got off the ice. Last night the conditions were bad, lots of heavy slush. One truck near me stalled from the water. Fishing was okay. Caught 4 keepers from 4-7pm.

This morning with the lower temps, the ice conditions were much better. Supposed to be colder tonight so I expect things to be good tomorrow. The access and the ice are plenty safe. There are lots of frozen ruts from people driving yesterday, but not bad. There were some smaller cars out and they seemed to be doing okay.

If anyone is still interested in getting together, I will be out by 6-6:30 tomorrow morning. Fishing was good this morning. Two of us caught 12 keepers by 9:00. Plan on getting out early as the fishing slowed after that.

I will be on the Wis. side, south of the shanty town area. There are better directions and description of my vehicle / shack at the top of this page.

This will be my last post so if anyone wants to get together food plans, etc, you're on your own.

Hope to see, meet many of you there. Please stop by my shack and say Hi.

Anyone make it out for this? I drove home yesterday and after driving through half of ND and all of MN and seeing all the jokers out fishing, I was missin' it a lot. Hope some of you made it out and had some good times. Let me know.

Myself, Hunt4food,and DonBo, made it out early with Analyzer coming late morning. Beautiful sunrise turned into a picture perfect day with no wind. An icefisherman's dream if only the fish would've cooperated. We were south of shantyville in about 38'. We caught a few keepers and a number of dinks. No 15 inchers. Sorry FMFL. As usual when you returned to the shack after a chat by the truck, the bobber'd be down and you'd miss'em. All in all, a great day and nice to meet some more FMers. Thanks guys! Hope to fish with you again. Oh, and thanks again Tim for the venison Brats. They were awesome and really hit the spot!

ENF