• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre Retires!!!!!!!!!

wallmounter

I'd rather live in a small town atmosphere myself also but that isnt the point. The point is the list of just sporting attractions in minneapolis. How many people hit up 1 viking game a year but hit multiple wild and t-wolve games. Multiple gopher football, BB, and hockey games. And how many twins games?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sal story is right on in my eyes. I love this from the article.

"Indeed, a decade after his last moments of glory (refering to the SB win 11 years ago), the football hype machine continues to paint Favre as a hallowed icon of Americana, a symbol of all that is right with sports, a Wild West gun-slinging good ol' boy. There's Brett on the farm! There's Brett with his family! There's Brett on the cover of Sports Illustrated! There's Brett throwing another overtime interception!"

No one says he wasn't a very good QB, but I can't say he's in the top five with the INT's he threw. After 17 years you would think you would learn to hold onto the ball or throw it away at times.

I fully agree.

A great quarterback? Yes. Probably in the Top 10 of all time. But come on, Top 5...no way.

It is still an honor to be in the Top 10. But, only the "legend" of his playing will get him in the Top 5, not the player or person.

Will he be missed? Yes. But, give me a break....

Hear about the lady that had twin boys and named them "Brett" and "Favre"? Poor kids....

I guess GB doesn't have UWGB playing D1 Bball or the Gamblers playing hockey anymore. I do know the Resch center hosted a D1 hockey regional a year or two ago, cause I was there.

If you think the fishing near GB is sub-par of Minneapolis (within an hour)you best get a grip on reality.

Regardless, Favre is still a top 5 QB all-time. It's best you guys just admit that and move on.

OK, I will make you a deal, if I dont have to hear or read about Favre anymore, I will say he is the best QB ever, just please everybody stop talking about him! I thought this subject was doing good when it got off topic, now its back.

Speaking of off topic! Nolte where in NW Wisconsin are you, and how much snow is on the ground yet?

Ooops....I did forget UWGB but that is one D1 sport not an entire major conference D1 program. I did not know about the Gamblers, so I looked them up and they are averaging about 2400 a game in a arena that seats 10,000. I don't think this new info changes the point I was making.

Originally Posted By: nolte
Regardless, Favre is still a top 5 QB all-time. It's best you guys just admit that and move on.

Never get me to agree with that. I can accept in the back end of the top ten. He threw way to many pics to be up in the 5.

Originally Posted By: nolte

I think I just puked in my mouth a little, sick.gif ; nope just re-read the post, I officially puked in all over my desk sick.gif

Sounds like the attendence of a T-Wolves game.

I think this Favre thing is getting old as he retired LAST TUESDAY.

I am a Packers fan and I wouldn't put him in the top 5 but very close. I know there were better QB's before my time, you could say Unitas, Bradshaw, Graham, Broadway Joe, Starr just to name a few. Could be wrong thou.

Might be getting old, but I got about 24 consecutive posts going on this. I think I got about 200 to go so I can be named in the top 5 posters on FM. Even if have the posts suck they still count don't they?

Absolutely...all posts count even if they suck. 90% of us would lose 90% of our count if they didn't. You know how many of those "at least we have a Super Bowl ring" posts would be taken away from the Packer fans. grin.gif

Na Wade I'm more of a packer -- basher. The only time I wanna see cheese is when it's going on my nachos. The only time I wanna hear about the Fudge Packers is when someones making brownies. I could go on.

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
Speaking of off topic! Nolte where in NW Wisconsin are you, and how much snow is on the ground yet?

South of Superior about an hour, Burnett County area. My guess on the snow is around 8-10 inches in the woods, a little more or less in open areas. Less on the lakes for sure. It was pretty crusted up as of this weekend. A little sun and warm temps will change that.

Favre in the top 5, can't agree there...barely in the top 10.

Just think if his first 6 years equalled his last ten.

Think of the jubilation that would happen in Minnesota than. Favre is not a VIking killer...never really had a stronghold over this team!