• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod "crafting"

so haaad

Quote:
Avid Series® Spinning Rods

When we completely redesign a rod series we set out to make it dang near bionic. For proof, look no further than this year’s comprehensive makeover of the Avid Series® spinning rods. Top-to-bottom, we’ve refined everything about these rods. Re-engineered with IPC® technology. Built from high-modulus SCIII blanks with a sleek carbon pearl finish. All new cork handle shapes and trimmed out with Fuji’s Alconite® Concept Guide System. Our Avids have never been this sensitive, strong or lightweight. From light to medium to heavy, the designs are consistent up and down the power scale. There are 48 brand new models – including an expanded collection of salmon and steelhead rods – and each one is a technique- and species-specific design wonder. Hmmm. The words “while supplies last” come to mind.

I have not had a chance to fish either of them yet...gettin the itch tho. Both of the ones I built are on the 6' version. I built one for a guy last year and he used it for most everything he fished for if the weight of the lure was right. He was into 3#+ bass and northerns up to 4# with it and he said it held up great.

The one I just built seems really fast for a 6' ultra light, can't wait to fish it grin.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of you rod making guru's have any knowledge on spiral wrapped rod technology I have a thread I started in the Muskie forum and would appreciate any advice you have. Or just post it here.

Hiya,

Been perusing this for rod building ideas. finally going to build my second rod. Up north...got to thinking about another bark you could try... Basswood. If you cut the tree down when it is live, the bark peels right off. Lots of moisture, so I would think you could flatten it pretty easy...

Love that birch-bark handle.

Steve