• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance Fish lo-k-tor

saskcarp

Keep it!

They still work and can definitely help you catch fish. The first flasher I ever used was one of those and a green box. They can be rigged for ice fishing just fine. It will show you the depth, the fish, and even, if rigged right, your jig. Only one color but it still gets the job done.

It'll get you by until you can upgrade.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle
MarCum

I would say any unit is better then no unit. I bought an fl-18 and love it, buy they way its nice to see a fellow Saskatchewan resident on the forum. I'm from Moose Jaw and look forward to some good fishing on Last Mountain Lake.

Can anyone else get thier LOKTOR to pick up the jig? Norco, great to have a local!!
I went to Valeport and Condie today. I didn't catch anything but I only went to train the dog to pull my sled wink.gif and to "juice up" the auger for another season. cool.gif

I have an old 75 yr make lowrance beigh box that flips upside down with wing nits for portability, I riged it for ice but only could get depth an no jig, a cool pice of sonar from the past, I put it away for safe keeping, I've seen alot of green boxes but this is the first one of this kind I've seen Lowrance says it's newer than the green box though. Later boar

You can still buy new transducers from LEI available at Cabela's and other retailers. It will serve you as a good tool. Keep it in nice shape as it will be an antique before you know it. If I could buy one for 5 bucks I sure would!!

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

i used a lowrance green box for years. had problems with pickn up lures till i mounted a small round 360 degree level on the ducer.also added some small alligater clips on the power wires for 12 volt battery. 6 volt lattern batteries do not last long when they get cold. definitely better than fishing with out any sonar. as time permits, a unit like a FL 18 will give you more clearity and options.

Pj4,
Could you explain this 360 degree level in detail? Where purchased, how it is mounted, etc. I'm going to a LX-3 this year but still want to keep the green box handy for a back-up or for others in my group to use for scouting, etc. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by bloodshot (edited 11-12-2003).]

I also have an old green box that a neighbor gave to me.
It still works great, but have not tried it on the ice. The transducer that came with it should be self leveling if you add a float to it like the Vexilars have.

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005