• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

March Challenge is a Tree or Trees-Post Here

Dbl

HH, it's not supposed to be easy. It's a challenge. grin.gifgrin.gif

As a LaCrosse native who has traveled up and down the Mighty M, I have been to that spot. I really like the simplicity of this image, and the human presence indicated by the walk/step railings adds a nice touch. I also like the faint suggestion of the bluffs over on the Wisconsin side and the textured layers of the post-sunrise sky.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only desolate, dead, rotting, filthy, and miserable, it's dangerously decrepit, decisively decimated, and definately decomposed. If two negatives make a positive, this is one beautiful tree. Good work!

That's IT, Ken! A new Internet chat code just for our board. When we have a pic on here that's of a not so pretty subject but is so well done that it lifts the subject above itself, that's what it'll be - DDRFM.

LMAO! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

This is old Mazatlan Mexico there is a very old church there.

Camera Model Name

Canon EOS 40D

Shooting Date/Time

3/26/2008 09:07:52

Tv(Shutter Speed)

1/160Sec.

Av(Aperture Value)

F8.0

Metering Modes

Evaluative metering

Exposure Compensation

ISO Speed

Lens

EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

Focal Length

70.0 mm

Image size

3888 x 2592

Image Quality

Fine

Flash

Off

White Balance

Auto

AF mode

One-Shot AF

Picture Style

Landscape

I have been to busy to get the shot I really wanted. So I figured I better find something quickly. This I believe is a Palo Verde tree. This tree sits right outside the gate of our condo. By the way lots of great tree Photos, been to busy to keep up with them.

272601919_xBfwF-L.jpg

Nice work everyone, some great variety here for sure! This is wrapping up for the month, tomorrow Monday is the last day and then we will un-sticky this and April will be up and running. Good participation lets keep adding to the entries each month!