• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

March Challenge is a Tree or Trees-Post Here

Dbl

Quick comment about all the posts - What great shots! There are really some talented folks with cameras out there. It's been fun to see all the different takes on snow/winter/cold and I really appreciate the beautiful shots taken in warmer climes -- I am SO ready for spring!!! BTW, the C & C are so helpful - I've got lots of new techniques to try - Thanks everyone for sharing and commenting as well!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turtleboy, as said, excellent image. grin.gif

Dan, excellent grab shot. As buzzsaw always says, chance favors the prepared mind.

Jackie, I like how the trees stand so tall over everything, and the way the homes taper down the line.

If you are shooting jpeg, you can change the in-camera picture styles to increase contrast, saturation and sharpness at the time of capture. Changing these settings in-camera only impacts jpeg captures, not RAW images.

However, if you are comfortable doing those tasks in post-processing it may be best to leave the in-camera settings alone because there may be times when having the camera add those things will hurt, rather than help, the photograph. Having in-camera contrast set higher, for example, could lead to more blown-out highlights at capture.

If you want to experiment with the in-camera picture styles, you can just look up "picture style" in the rear index of your 30D owner's manual, and it's simple to make those changes.

Here's one my daughter took on spring break last week.

We were in Muir Woods National Monument just outside San Francisco.

I think this is a Giant Redwood most likely 200+ feet tall!

We have another pic of a 16 foot wide diameter slab of wood! We could just barely reach the edges with all three of our arms outstretched...WOW!

Ferny.

Sequoia.jpg

Ok guys and gals here's my shot at it. The great thing is all the PP including the framing was done on Flickr. Just click on the edit tab and it loads your image to PIK NIK then you can do as much or little as you want. Pretty cool for an online PP program.

Kodak Z712 Point and Shoot

f/5, 1/400 sec,iso 100,Focal length 7mm, Max Aperture 4.7

2360167958_89bec478a8_o.jpg

Thanks Finn, Dan, and Jackie,

It's in the Ely area at my Inlaws. It can be peaceful as long as I don't go in the house grin.gifgrin.gif We were up for Easter and I got quite a few good pics but I liked this one the best.

Nice crow, I mean tree. I bet you took that picture cuz you thought it was a nice tree and when you put it online you noticed that crow sitting there. It's a simple mistake. \:o If my broken rotten branch qualifies then this might too. grin.gif

I didn't have any tree pics for the month so I figured I better get my butt out and snap a few tree images before the challenge is over.....I had 2 I thought would be decent and finally decided on this one....taken with my newer Lumix P&S on auto ....critique the daylights out of this one if ya'll want grin.gif

popples-2.jpg