• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coupla real dogs

With all the deer and snowhoe hare coming in and out of the yard at night, it's hard to get to dogs to do anything but sniff around when they're out to do their business.

Dad, this smells TOO good. Nope, ain't coming back in the house.

good-to-smell.jpg

All right, if I HAVE to! Molly our old border collie hates getting her picture taken. Can you tell?

molly-paw-up.jpg

But life's all a big cheerful game to our much younger Heinz 57 Maggie.

Maggie-ears-flop.jpg

I can see they have trails beat down in the yard to help them get around. We have two Bassets so when the early snows hit I had to snow blow trails for them. My bride put their Christmas collars on them and the only way you could tell where was by their jingle bells and the tip of their tails above the snow.

Great pictures. ps. did you get the elk picture? Thought you might like that one. Bob

Hey stormy, cool BC. blue eyes, merle coat, great dispostion, I'll bet. grin.gifgrin.gif

We had an Aussie shepherd for awhile that had blue eyes, merle coat and was deaf. The vet told us the three characteristics often go together, though I've seen lots of blue-eyed, merle-coated herding dogs that heard just fine.

Our Aussie died about a year ago. I still miss her.

Blue is a sweetheart, she loves to cuddle with my

husband. She is a little to big for my lap but

she is our baby now. I love Aussies and Border Collies,

I don't think I would enjoy any other breed as much.

Yes we are not supposed to breed two merles together.

If we bred them we were supposed to go with a father

with the same coloring as your border collie. They can

be blind as well.

Gotta love both those herding breeds. Our Aussie, Clancy, was the smartest dog we'd ever seen until we rescued Mollie from the animal shelter. Clancy learned hand signals in no time and was constantly watching us to see if we had something to "say" to him.

Pepper was so smart too. She wasn't as cuddly

but she loved to play frisbie or catch tennis balls.

I talked to her like a person, she was so animated.

They have a lot of energy and definately need running

room. This is Pepper...

Pepperlookingaround.jpg