• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How big is your hole?

Bothun

I'm spearing out of a 18 x 30" hole. We haven't been having the greatest luck as the guys 50 yards away spearing out of a 18 x 72 hole.

What im asking is do you generally have better luck with the bigger hole ableing you to see more?

(note: were spearing in 3 feet of water due to clarity)

My house has a 2'X4' spear hole which I like very much (after I get it cut that is). I have been able to spear some fish just sitting on the edge of the hole looking at my decoy - I feel this is the ideal size. Your live decoy can swim a little also and still be in the hole.

I can see the bottom fine. If I go much deeper is gets dirty fast. The neighbors are in the same depth 50 yards away and they are seeing alot more than we are using the same decoys.

They have two 2'x6' holes.

i really dont see hole size as an issue. is lite getting in the hole? are they sitting near better structure? or it could be thats the way it goes. had that happen to myself also. i know, kickem out of there house. hehehe.