• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice tent and flasher?

kingkidfisher4431

This year for ice fishing i am thinking of purchasing a vexilar and a ice house...i will be buying the vexilar and my buddy the tent, the lakes we generally fish are from 15 to 35 feet deep but would like to have the cheapest vexilar to cover this depth(maybe a little deeper or shallower if not possible)i was wondering where i could find one and how much it would cost?(i live in duluth for store locations), and next the tent my buddy said he would buy the tent, we are looking for a big 3 person tent that is roomy...and preferably something that has no floor or just a little section that is carpet. where could we find this and what would the price be?(live in duluth)
Thankyou, Jake

If I was going to get a new portable I'd be looking at the fishtrap voyager. I've got the next size smaller and its awesome. The only complaint I have is that I wish that it was a little bigger, but I had a blazer at the time I bought it and the Voyager would not fit in there. As far as a vex, watch the used gear section of this site. People are starting to upgrade from the FL-8 to the FL-18 and you can get a pretty good deal on a used FL8.

Capt'n

kingkidfisher4431,

A three man flip over model portable fish house might be the route you want to take. There are a few options out there.

1) Otter Large Resort
2) Glacier 3-man
3) Fish Trap Voyager
4) Eskimo Grand Caravan
5) Frabill Ranger Triplex
6) Polar Sport 3-man

These are a few to get you started. All are flip over models that house 3 people.

Now for a flasher. MarCum also makes a real nice flasher and for a good price. The LX-1 is a great flasher to start out with. It has great target separation, three color display, interfference control, and 1,500 watts of output power which is 3.5 times more then any other 3-color sonar system.

The LX-3 is a step up from the LX-1. The LX-3 provides superior target separation. the LX-3 is the only system that features an adjustable zoom that allows a 5 to 10 ft. zoom window in the 20 and 40 ft. scale, a 10 to 20 ft. zoom in 80 ft. scale and a 20 to 40 ft. zoom in 160 ft. scale. Target separation improves from 2.15" to 1" in zoom mode. Surface to bottom zoom window adjustability allows user to display suspended as well as bottom hugging fish. The LX-3 also offers a multi-level "interference rejection" feature allowing user to knock out interference from other nearby sonar units.

Both the LX-1 and the LX-3 will get the job done and then some. Check out the MarCum site for more details.

www.marcum.com

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle

[This message has been edited by MJ5 (edited 10-29-2003).]

The Glacier 3 man is not a flip-over style house. You must assemble it, although it sets up easy. If its always going to be the 2 of you fishing, its the best priced, lightest house out there. Roomy with excellent headroom and hookset area. But its not a flip over.

Glacier Portables - Click Here.
------------------
Mike
Kalispell, MT
<<><<
"LOOK ALIVE, MAGGOT!"
(Not you Pal, I was talking to my bait)

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 10-30-2003).]

Cabela's has a tent ice shack that is going for $79, with no floor. For new tarp and everything that is about as reasonable as your going to find anywhere.

Reconditioned Vexilars may be a good option to explore too if your set on a used Vex unit. Check the Vex web site and you will find a area where you can find them if they are available. Qualities are limited on the re-con units. They do have a limited warranty. But not sure for how long though? They stick by there service, nobody better then Vex for service and customer relations.

------------------
Ed Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
701-281-2300
><,sUMo,>

Oh and if you get the chance hit the ice expo in St.Paul. You can save $ there and see all the new goodies. I go every year and find it well worth the trip. Dont be afraid to compairison shop and talk them down when you feel the need. Reeds is always good at tossing in little goodies to sweaten the deal.

For early ice, or any ice conditions that you have to drag your sled out by hand you cannot beat the Glacier line for durability or mobility. I Have the Glacier III for just this purpose.

Glacier Portables - Click Here.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]
www.marcum.com

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 10-30-2003).]

The LX1 would be an excellent choice. Lots of fish IDing power at a good price. It makes sense the 1500 watts of power sees more detail and defines more targets than 300 watts. MarCum units come with a full 2 year warranty parts and labor and they have the lowest return rate in the industry. I love my LX3. It's probably the best fishing tool I own.

Is the only difference in the LX3 vs. LX1 the zoom feature? What's the difference in the OVS400 vs. OVS500? I know there's an improved 460/560 also. I haven't been able to find information on the LX1, OVS400, or the new 460/560 on the MarCum HSOforum.

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

can it be luck?
The ovs 400 and 500 are underwater camaras
i have the ovs 500 ,it is a good camara as far as camaras go( not sold on the usefullness but got it late ice last year)i knew the diff between the 400 and 500 but cant think of it right now!i think one is that the 500 comes with a auto tripod??

------------------
Try Too Fish
Forced Too Work!! smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Try Too Fish (edited 10-31-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Try Too Fish (edited 10-31-2003).]

Can it be Luck?,

The LX1 does not have zoom,digital battery charger,or soft pak case.The hard pak case is the inside carriage of the LX3.The battery charger is Marcum's SmartCharge.

I havent seen any info on the 460/560 yet either.

"The OVS 400
This system, ideal for open water fishing and ice fishing, offers all the performance advantages of the VS500 except for the on-screen interactive displays and the motorized ice arm. Otherwise, all system components are identical to the VS500 including a 5-inch high-resolution; black & white monitor; a Sony-component camera; and infrared and multicolor underwater lighting systems."

IceC

------------------
Have an Ice day smile.gif

[This message has been edited by IceC (edited 10-31-2003).]

The Gander MTN in Maple Grove has the FL-8 on clearance for $199.00 with a high-speed transducer. If your handy you could build the box find a battery and you've got a nice set for a good value. Or, you could be patient and watch the sales forums for a used FL-8 setup. I’ve had good luck with my Eskimo Quick Flip 2 pretty roomy for two guys a lot of nice features for the money.

Good Luck