• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kidd to Dallas

ozzie

Dallas and the Nets have traded Kidd to the Mavs for Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, and $$$$...there might be more involved but what do you think of the trade......Personaly I love the West stacking up for the 2nd half of the season......I think this could help the Mavs and the Nets so I guess I like the trade.......

Works out well for both teams. Devin Harris is pretty talented, but for Kidd you have to give something up.

Dallas had to try something. They've got a huge mental block for always being so good but never getting over the hump, especially when they were supposed to win it all last year, or the year before when Miami won it all.

Did anyone happen to watch the Wolves vs Nets last night.....Kidd looked sharp and was making unreal no look alley oops and came close to the triple-double....he will definatly help the Mavs immediatly!!!

Originally Posted By: Flaco651
Jason Kidd IMO is the best point guard out there. Triple-double threat every night. This might end up being good for both teams.

WHOAH! there young man!... grin.gif

I'm pretty sure Steve Nash is the best point guard out there.

It is tough to aurgue with Kidd being the best for sure I just think his age has caught up with him a bit.

What a trade for Dallas they are back in the hunt for sure now.

zamboni, you may be right...but im not sure, i really do like big al and remember he still would be in college, if he becomes a better defender and passer he will become something really special. gomes might end up being decent too, but idk...telfair, he is too streaky..and gerald, i highly doubt he will be here for long(same can apply to telfair too)...but we still should fire mchale

Burnham- not only did they get 5 players, they also got $3 Mill in cash and most importantly- TWO future first round draft picks. If those turn into lottery picks, this will turn into one of the worst trades ever.

From what I read George was in the last year of his contract and has Larry Bird rights, so he can protest the trade. I dunno, seems like he wanted to play for a winner, didn't want to get stuck in Jersey, etc. In the end everyone will remember why it didn't go through and it could be a career suicide kind of thing between GMs, fans, and the players around him that wanted Kidd. He'll be booed the rest of the season.

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
If it goes through it's going to be huge for Dallas. Goes to show if you are willing to spend you can get a good team out there.

Why does everyone think this is good Dallas' way? In the short run- yes. But after Kidd retires in a year or two and they have no first round picks- no. NJ in the long run is the winner in this deal, and if Dallas would have been patient they could have used those players and those first round picks to build a team.