• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Starting Bowfishing: Recurve or Compound ?

bonefish

I want to try bowfishing this summer, and I was curious what types of bows are prefered. My initial perception would be that the ability to "snap shoot" gives a recurve a speed advantage, but a compound might be a better bow to start so I can get the process of aiming with water refraction nailed down. Any thoughts?

I have an old Miles Keller bow i use for bowfishing and the first thing i did was take the sight off, instinctive shooting makes it more fun! Plus on the compound bows you get let off which is very nice especially after a long day of shooting. As far as releases go i find them helpful because it saves your fingers and prevents string spin which throws your shot off.

yes, but whats the No Glov? i really am used to shooting wiht the realease but when im walkin in the mississippi i sometimes have to reach into the water fast and grab the carp and my realease stops working so iam just wondering about that no glov?

old compound gets my vote. didnt like the recurve, but recurves are nice to hold onto all day with less arm fatigue. i think its what u get used to. also a vote from me on the no glov. of me and 5 buddies only 2 dont use the no glovs