• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bowtech new stuff for '08

Meat-Run

Hey archers of all nature. I was out at the 2008 Shot Show these past few days in Las Vegas and Bowtech had a booth present. Stopped in and looked around and said hi. If your a Bowtech owner and/or future owner you'll be even more impressed with there new magnet quiver and accesories for there bows. Pretty need ideas and very ahead in there engineering from what I have seen. Also looked at there Diamond and Marque(sp) bows that were set up really nice to hold and look at. You'll have to check them out there new stuff when it gets to the stores this summer.

Also there was some pretty cool Law Enforcement gear and guns that would even make a terrorist drool.

mr

I just shot an '08 Commander today. Wow! It's awesome! I have an '07 Commander that I love, but the '08 is a slight, but noticable improvement. They have the new paint- InVelvet, which is really cool. It's sort of like there's an extremely thin layer of felt over the bow, with a hint of "rubberiness" to it. Also, my brother's arrows were going 301 out of my '07 model, but were movin' at 315 out of the '08 bow (same poundage, draw length, etc.). The slightly more aggressive cams are definitely faster.

Anyway... yes, the '08 Bowtechs look AWESOME!

I got to shoot a guardian last night.. granted it was right handed... but, I did not like the draw cycle at all, Once you shoot the bow I like it.. very little hand shock, I liked the grip, and it was very quiet... but I cant find myself liking the draw anytime soon..

DD,

What didn't you like about the draw cycle? I have a Commander, which is really just a longer Guardian, and the draw cycle is A-OK by me. Also, could the fact that you were drawing it off-handed be part of the trouble?

there is a major wall right before it lets off. I understand that this is just that second cam turning over, but to it is a bear to get through at 70#'s. I bought the marquis a couple days ago which is still really fast but 10 times as smooth. I would have bought the gardian if it was smoother on the draw and that huge wall wasnt there.

Ive been shooting my new Marquis that I just bought a few weeks ago. I love it. Its fast, smoothe, and quiet. I cant say anything bad about it right now! Hopefully that doesnt change come hunting season!