• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

An afternoon fishing with Cole

Well I decided to cut out of work early and get Cole out of school a hour early and do some fishing with him. We headed out to a local pond and try our luck. What a great trip we had!

Cole hooks up right away

>

Look Steve, a nice one!

>

Here's another one!

>

Umm Steve, my pile is getting bigger

>

How's this one?

>

Hey, this is a blast!

>

WOW, this is fun, Thanks Steve

>

Cole strikes again

>

Marcum....So easy a 7 year old can do it cool.gif

>

>

Left at dark....What a day!

>

All I can say is Cole is really starting to become quite the Ice Fisherman for sure. Other than taking off a couple fish that were hooked good and rebaiting for him he was self supporting. What a riot I had fishing with Cole, listening to him "talk" to the fish when he missed or saying...Steve, I got one that is messing with me!! I'll get him. He missed one 3 times and when when he finally put the steel to it he shouted HA!!,...Got you that time!! Good thing he don't use grown up words that for sure.

If anyone has the chance to take a kid out fishing one on one please do so. I'm so glad I did tonight and I think I realized what it's all about....To have fun on the ice enjoying the company of a great friend and making it THIER day. Cole your more than invited to fish with me and Thank you for reminding me of the day's I used to fish with my Dad when I was a kid!

Dad, Thank you for having the patients and taking me with you on the weekend fishing trips, your still my hero and I love you!

Steve

Steve,sweet pics Bro cole looks like he is hooked grin.gif thats cool.gif a child that young useing an lx-5 how many children have the option to use electronics.He will become a true fisherman I am sure that will be big thing at school today.Good job guys

Dude get him a VX-1, that's all he will need... Awesome pictures and great stories of Cole throughout. Seeing Cole reminds me of Tyler and those early years. Thanks for keeping the memories alive Steve. Cole is becoming quite the fisher but there's no way he could fish with Todd, Doug, Kyle or I because we can't keep our mouth shut when we lose or miss a fish and it's never usually sometghing a child needs to hear blush.gif