• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chef, next time you want to hit the ice near home, give me a shout. I like those lakes but I'm sure I could do a lot better with the company or advice of a local boy. Mondays and Tuesdays are out unless I have lead time but any other day is good. I've got the itch for some night bite Crappie too. Tim, we should get a crew together some night for your old fav.

A few years back we had a local Wed. night Slab League...I could dig up the rules and we can bring it out of retirement for sure!

I have a few spots that aren't the main stream spots on these Lakes.

Todd knows of one, the one that has a hard time freezing????

Fullmoon...I am in for sure. Wed or Thur are good nites for me...let me know, maybe this week.

I'd be up for that! It would give me a reason to get out of the house during the week. How many guys were in the last league?

Chef, let me know if you are interested in a night run on Oneida. It's been a while since I've been out on the ice after dark.

I'm in for sure!! Either night is fine for me. If the winds aren't too bad, I'll be out during the day tomorrow. I was in those gusts Fri. They were strong! Pushed me, the trap and my gear. If they're biting, who cares? Whatever works for you is good by me.

Fullmoon...shoot me your phone # and I'll call you some time today.

I have a Very High End Dinner to tend to this evening for the President of the College and some High Rollers we're trying to $$ from!

I'd be willing to meet you in the AM and put you on the spot I limited out on Perch with yesterday!

Otis...there were 6 of us in the league. It's kind of like a Dart league. Everyone puts in $25 and we take weekly tallys of Numbers and Sizes with points rewarded for both! At the end of season the Loot is given to the Top 2 Fisherman! 75% and 25%

It's a lot of fun, especially when we hit Lakes where you have to find them.

Doug,.

Hope you got my message. Blame it on the DOT but I got there even though it took a lifetime. Slid off the road once too. No damage and I was able to get back on. The Big Guy was kind to me today. Next time I'll be able to get out as early as needed and I'll leave early, even if the forcast is good. Man, the wind was pushing me around today! Got something for you wnen we do meet up.

I had just a bad a time as you!

I got there @ 7AM and the fish did not want to get out of bed...I mean that pressure was giving me a headache. Once all Holy Heck broke loose at 8:15 AM...I got out of Dodge!

Sorry I didn't get to fish with you Ray...I was really looking forward to hittin' the ice with you!

Well I'll be somewhere in the AM...don't know yet...probably my Perch spot to see if they are still hanging around...if not, it's phase 2 of the season and I will start going deeper, but still not look from existing weeds with escape routes!

Tell me it's not so...already the end of Januay...bummer!

Call me any time Ray!!

Thanks Chef. I ended my day on Moraine and got a few nice 'gills and crappie. Tons of little perch kept moving in and the good fish would move out. Had one nice perch. It was tough fishing though. If I found them, most were dinks and many of the good ones (camera) would investigate and leave no matter what I did. When the sun would come out, the bite picked up, on and off. Funny, if I caught one good one, all the other fish would leave the area. Between me and the guys who was there earlier, the small side looked like swiss cheese. Started making ice in a big way before I left. Loud roars and bouncing the whole of the ice. Good 6 +" of good ice. Most hits on a #14 tear drop, chart. with red dot (K&E). Always good there. Chef, you can call anytime as well. I look forward to fishing with you. Just say when and where.

Hey Ray nice report sounds like travel for you too was bit hairy. The weather coming in later today and tomorrow is not looking good were supposed to get 3-5" of snow but sleet, hail and freezing raing prior to the snow could make for one slick mess. And to think I was actually thinking of taking Friday off crazy.gif

Tank and Billy are on C, Jay was 50/50 if he was going up or not... I'll call them in a little while..

Ray...you in for a trip back my way soon. I have a spot that I want to hit soon...Top Secret Covert Mission. I will fill you in on the details. I want to hit it soon as the walking is REAL EASY right now. Call me later today if you still have my # in your phone! With the Big O ready, the little waters by me start to get less pressure...that's what I like!!!!!

Tim,

At one point I was heading at a big declining curve and didn't see the ice. A huge wind gust came from behind and with the Trap sticking out of my trunk, it acted like a sail! I realized I couldn't make the turn so I aimed for the road that bore left. Ok so far, not slowing, hmmm, wonder if I can make that private, unplowed road? Yep, now, is it frozen or mucky, will I slide off, can I stop, can I get out, do I have cell coverage, and where in the Heck would I tell them I was?! Road was solid, I slowed then stopped. Don't want to risk backing since I can only use my mirrors and it's over 100 yrds. Hmm, what lies ahead? An abandoned farm and a turn around. Yeah, I made it out. Someone was watching over me. Must have been an ice fisherman!! Good thing I paid attention in those emergency vehicle operations classes they taught me!! Whew!

Had a late one at Restaurant...business is reaching near capacity every night now \:\)

Fullmoon...I'll be on Erieville (friday)at the spot I gave you pecs on the other day...should be a good bite, with some pressure approaching stable!!!