• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Products for the upcoming ice season!

Bio-bait sounds like something that should be kept in the tackle box. If not used as the primary bait, it could be an "emergency" bait if live bait fisherman run out. I primarily am a live bait guy. I guess if you think about it, it's live bait, without the "hassles". I also like the design of the "willospoons" that Catch'n Tackle has. I never much liked certain jigs with fixed hooks. The split ring hook attachments give baits more action and allow the fish to inhale the bait/hook without takeing in the whole spoon. IMO.

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rod Bender-
I just saw your post also-I will try and make a call tonight and post back when I can. I will try to call Twerps daughter but they have teenagers at home and you know what kind of workout the phone gets. If I can get through I may have an answer this evening.-TROY

IceJohn and Rod bender-
Let me know how I can get a hold of you guys. I have my uncle dropping off five of TWERPS jigglesticks this week sometime. I am in St Cloud if you want to pick them up otherwise email me at [email protected]
Troy Bartlett
PS-I am listed in the area phone book as well.

Rod Bender-
I just saw your post also-I will try and make a call tonight and post back when I can. I will try to call Twerps daughter but they have teenagers at home and you know what kind of workout the phone gets. If I can get through I may have an answer this evening.-TROY

Marcum's new VS550 will turn some heads this winter that's for sure! As will the LX3 and LX-i.
My prediction: many Vex users will be switching to Marcum this year!

Hey Guys,
I just can't decide between the Lx3 and the 18SLT and I am ready to upgrade from my 8SLT. I read most of the posts/reviews from last year(which were very helpful) and I also read the most recent discussion on these two units, however, I just can't pull the trigger on one or the other. I have read that some of you guys are/were avid Vexilar users and are now switching to the Lx3. I would like to know what the deciding factor/s were. Thanks again and for those who are sick of reading about this, I do apologize. I would just like to make a decision soon and I value your opinions.
Thanks again.

Ya Hey Der,

How have things been? So, looking for a new flasher huh. I choose to switch to the LX-3 because of the added target separation and mainly because of the zoom feature. Since I like to chase crappies so much, as I know you do too, I like the fact that I can zoom in at any level in the water column. As you know, crappies tend to suspend, leaving that ample space between bottom and the school of fish. So, why not zoom into zone where the crappies are, allowing you to focus primarily on your target fish...crappies. Not only can you have that zoom zone, but you can have the extra outside area too. So tell me, why not have your cake and eat it too wink.gif

The LX-3 is the only system that features an adjustable zoom that allows a 5 to 10 ft. zoom window in the 20 and 40 ft. scale, a 10 to 20 ft. zoom in 80 ft. scale and a 20 to 40 ft. zoom in 160 ft. scale. This, as stated earlier, enables us crappie fishermen as well as other species, to have that extra piece of the puzzle.

As you know, I fished with Vexilar for the last several years, and don't get me wrong, I caught fish, but I feel the LX-3 is that next step towards developing my pattern of locating, targeting, and catching those slab crappies. Not to mention the great learning tool that it is.

The LX-3 also has great target separation for those bottom hugging walleyes.

Check out the site and read up more on it.

http://www.marcum.com

I was going to get a FL-18, but I put two and two together and realized that for what I need from a flasher for my situations, that the LX-3 is the way to go. Believe me, I thought long and hard, but I feel confident that I made the right decision.

Hope this helps some. Feel free to drop me an e-mail if you want to talk more. And we can talk out making it out on the ice again this year for some more crappie action (maybe somewhere other then Bald Eagle wink.gif )

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]

Captain B.R.K.

How's the fishing up there? With the cold weather we are having hopefully it won't be long before we can make it out. I plan on making a trip up in your neck of the woods for a little hard water action. You know you have a plce to fish if you head down towards me as well.

I added a little info on the above post about the LX-3. Target separation is one important feature but that is added to others as well. The zoom is great! Like I said to Ya Hey Der, for crappies it is awesome! Definitely gives us that extra edge. I know you like to chase crappies as well. Although a few of those crappies that you and me caught last winter were a little lacking, but we won't go into that wink.gif.

I have a hot spot this year that should produce a few slabs. Be sure to let me know next time you are down visiting your family and we can meet up again.

Drop me an e-mail in the near future and let me know once you have some ice up there. I'm ready!

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]

Hey, Just seen those buzz sticks at home of econ. And a video. They look like they'd work pretty good, the combo comes with a anti reverse reel which I like, hate that bail slap. A low memory mono or lite diameter braid might be in order for the vibe to reach in deep water, what do you think? Later Boar

I too switched to the LX-3 from an FL-8. Although I havn't used an fl-18, I would probably purchase the Marcum again. I especially like the multi-level zoom for when the crappies are coming in from 12-19' in 30 of water. I did have a couple of problems with my first Marcum but the company was very prompt in correcting the problems and sending me a new replacement after the ice season last year.

------------------
Rodbender

I have been Vexlar man for a few years now and have been happy with the FL8st! I use it year around on ice and on the boat. Well let me tell you ! I had the chance to use a Marcum LX3 a few weeks ago and was I ever IMPRESSED "WOW" 30 ft water 1/64oz jig dropped the jig to the bottom raised the jig off the bottom and fish came along with it !!! SET THE HOOK !! Now I have one less Christmas gift to worry about. My son always liked my Vexlar ! In my opinion, even in the short time I had the pleasure to use the Marcum LX-3, I will have one in short order.

Richard

I too got to use a Marcum a few times up here last year on the LOTW ice, and also logged a few hours in a boat that had one on it this summer and they do indeed work very sweet. When the day does come that I feel I need to retire my old reliables I will be getting a couple of these.

Fisky

Thanks for all the replies. I am now leaning very, very heavily towards the Lx3.

MJ5: I'll shoot you an e-mail soon so we can chat a little bit more and catch up. Can't wait for the ice!!!

Do any of you guys know if Cabelas still has the Lx3 hooked up to their fish tank?

[This message has been edited by Ya Hey Der (edited 10-28-2003).]

Ya Hey Der,

Sounds good.

Check out the LX-3 at Cabela's if its still hooked up. Someone there can show you how it works. But I'll tell ya what, how about I just show you how the LX-3 CATCHES fish this winter wink.gif

Looking forward to another fun winter.

We'll have to contact Fubar too!

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by MJ5 (edited 10-28-2003).]

I picked up a couple of new things so far this year.
Lindy Genz Bug-not quite horizontal, not quite vertical jig. Looks like it should rock slightly when jigged.

Storm Vertical Jigging soft minnow. A soft rubber/plastic swimming jig.

I can't wait to try them! C'mon, Ice!