• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Male pine grosbeak

The winter birds remain absent from our feeders up on Finn Hill. Siskins, redpolls, pine and evening grosbeaks, purple finches.

Not a single one.

In desperation, I've done a little work on one from last year in hopes that seeding it in here will bring more birds out there.

Don't know what's wrong with the year, but feeder watchers all over within the city of Ely seem to be having the same problem, while feeders out of town are somewhat better off.

Anyway, enjoy.

male-pine.jpg

Thanks, Dan. The bokeh is to some degree photoshop-induced. I selected the BG, ran noise ninja and gaussian blur on it, then reduced contrast, all of which made it smoother.

Too much time on my hands, I guess. I keep looking out at the bird feeder and hoping something besides a chickadee will land there sometime this winter. Just had to post something since there are no birds to photograph. Depressing.

Nice shot, Steve! That creamy green background looks familiar. Still getting some grosbeaks my way, along with redpolls, bluejays, a few goldfinches and nuthatches. Once the Bash is over, if your blinds is still birdless, you can sure set up in mine.

Quote:

The winter birds remain absent from our feeders

Ya Tell me about it. 9 suet blocks, 4 feeders, and feed on the ground. So far I have seen some chickadees, and 4 squirells. I have not even refilled the feeders since I put them out this year. Normally I have to fill them every other day around here. No Black Birds, nothing.