• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thanks! (pic)

I just wanted to thank all of you regular contributors to this & the birding forum. I discovered the forums just before the holidays (although my son has been a contributor to some of the fishing/hunting threads). I'm just really getting back into photography and am a birding newbie - your comments, suggestions and advise have been great - I've learned a lot already and I know I'll continue to watch these threads. And thanks so much for sharing your work - it is amazing!

My favorite subjects continue to be our grandkids, but I've been taking enough shots loons and hummingbirds that I've started to get a few pictures that are pretty good - if nothing else I'm increasing my "dumb luck" ratio ;\) Thanks again - I look forward to seeing and learning more!

loon.jpg

Very nice picture, for your first post, Jackie. Loons are one of my favorite birds. It must have been a very bright day, when you took this shot, considering the ISO, shutter speed and aperture combination. Please continue shooting and posting.

Jackie, thanks so much for joining up. Great to have you here. grin.gifgrin.gif

Great first post, too. I'm a sucker for loons, and you captured a sweet moment. Keep 'em coming. And not just wildlife/bird shots, either. The photo sharing board has a lot of those types of photographers here, but post pics of you favorite grandkid subjects and picnics and family reunion and hunting/fishing stuff. It's ALL good. grin.gifgrin.gif

...and thank you all for the kind words - I have generally been using the "Program/Auto Exposure" setting on my Rebel XT - I'm experimenting more with manual settings these days, trying to learn it all.

The loon picture was taken while we were out on a pontoon cruise one evening. S/he was putting on a bit of a show to distract us so I assume there was a nest nearby. I too am looking forward to their return!

Very nice Loon Pic. Welcome to the Forum these are some of the best people I have ran across. They will give you any information you are willing to ask for from Portriats to Chickadees. Welcome again