• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Advice on buying a cover

MuskieJunkie

Anyone find a snowmobile cover they like without paying hundreds of dollars. The Polaris Factory covers are about $200, or you can spend 19.99 at Northern. I'd like to get one that could stand up to trailering. Cabelas carries some for $80 that look OK.... Thanks guys.

I hear ya.

I have a couple cheap aftermarket covers and they seem to work ok. However, they don't fit very well and seem to be a pain fastening to the machine for trailering and never a true fit.

I ended up searching around on the web and found OEM covers for my machines. I found a decent used one for a fraction of the price, and a new one on hsolist in the off season for cheap.

I would also recommend Body cover by Sheer Madness.

I own two of them.

They have HSOforum.

If your looking to save some money, call them and ask about a refurbished cover.

They are new, but have been repaired because they had a slight flaw (like a bad zipper) that was repaired.

They were selling them at the sports show for around a $100.00.

I second the OEM cover. They are made exclusively to fit your specfic snowmobile, not a range of sleds. My AC cover is made from some stout material, and after the all the straps are snugged up tight, there is barely any movement of the cover around the sled at highway speeds. A cheap cover is ok for local trips at slower speeds, but get on the freeway ina good 40+ mph wind and she'll be shredded in no time.

Like others have mentioned before me, you get what you pay for.