• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter Classic

DTro

Not a huge hockey fan, but what do you think about this Winter Classic they are running right now on NBC.

Gimmick?

I know there's been quite a few major games played outside, but from the casual fan's viewpoint, it seems pretty cool. Especially the conditions right now. The snow is coming down full force.

It is a gimick but not a cheesey one. I think it is great for some os us older guys who can remember practicing and playing outdoors. But the greatest part is the crowd, man that gives me shivers to hear, even on tv, the roar of that crowd.

I think it's great. It's nice to see the pros adjust to "adverse" conditions instead of playing in near perfect conditions all of the time. Takes them back to how they played the game growing up out on the pond... grin.gif

I think they should do it in Minnesota but we have no outdoor stadium yet. Maybe the Twins new stadium can do it. Have it at Leech Lake with the eelpout festival going on right next door. Have people ice fishing right outside the boards. It will never happen but fun to think about.

I hear on the radio that the plans are already in the works that when the noew gohpers stadium opens they will have college hockey and then the wild play after, with that being said, i think i better get inline aleady grin.gif

That would be a great time. Yeah 25 degrees with a windchill in the teens, Ooohh nooo. Cant wait for MN to host one and show them what real cold can be. We will also show them what real hockey fans are like.

Cool slide show!

In Picture 6 it looks like they are using Fishtrap Voyagers.

And in picture 9 it looks like Dtro and some of the Belle Plain Catfish league guys made the trip down for the game.... grin.gif and picture 2 confirms this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/flash/zoomGallery?section=gen&photoGalleryId=3176292