• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Swans

Dukhnt and I went on a shooting spree today. We headed down to Monticello where there was supposed to be a few Trumpeters. We had a great time. There is a lady(the Swan Lady) that lives next to the park that feeds these swans 1500 pounds of corn every day. I had to sort through 1200 images tonight when I got home. I have gotten them sorted but only got a few processed. Here's what I have so far. I'm sure I will post more later.

The Swan Lady

122907_Swans_1728copy.jpg

This is probably my favorite shot of the day. 2 triple banded birds coming in at the same time!

122907_Swans_1509copy.jpg

122907_Swans_1527copy.jpg

122907_Swans_1499copy.jpg

These guys are bad boys. Don't get in their way!

122907_Swans_1469copy.jpg

122907_Swans_1437copy.jpg

Lots of ducks around also.

122907_Swans_1579copy.jpg

122907_Swans_1547copy.jpg

Check this place out. It's really great!

Mike those are pretty sweet. I wish I could head down there some day. I have heard about her before. I was up in Elk River on Christmas and saw a lot of ducks in that area as well. I need to get out and do some shooting, but bringing the adventurous little boy around really cold open water just doesn't seem the right thing to do right now.

Thanks. This place wouldn't be too bad for kids. You have to stay within the boundaries of the park and the fence. The fence is a ways from the water and you'd have to work at it to get down to the water from there. You'd probably have time to catch the little one if they were to start wandering. grin.gif

Thanks again. Dukhnt, I can't wait to see your results. Don't make me wait til summer!

tongue.gif

Mike