• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reintroduce Myself

Hey girls!

It's been quite awhile since I last posted on here, so I thought an introduction was in order. My name is Jenna and I'm an avid outdoors WOMAN, originally from the Park Rapids, MN area. I love the lakes and especially love fishing. I apologize for my absence of late, but the college life is winding up and I'm sure many of you understand the life of papers, tests, and did I mention homework? hahaha Anywho, it's great to be back and I'm so glad to see that we have grown so much. Congrats for our female moderator, Lisa! I'm glad to have a woman in charge. grin.gif

On the fishing side of things: So far, I've pulled in a couple wally's and some smaller pan fish. But this is just the beginning.

Stay warm and enjoy the holidays!

Hi Jenna! Excellent to have you back! Almost done with school huh? That's cool. I'm glad to hear you've been out on the ice since alot of us have been deterred by broken snowmobiles (ME) and slushy lakes (Me and Diana). Reelemin (Tami) was hoping to find a place over the weekend but has yet to post her results (TAMI? How'd the weekend go??). Welcome back to FM SS! cool.gifgrin.gif

Hey, Jenna, nice to see a fellow fisher lady in my area. I'm from Bemidji, but lived in Lake George area for a while. I have a daughter in College. Whoops, I'm telling you my age a bit. She has a few finals this week then has a month off. She's at UMD. There's nothing like Ice fishing to clear the brain of all that fog overload when your hitting the books hard. My daughter doesn't fish, she a snowboarder. She likes the snow. But it's messing up my fishing life. Hubby is suppose to try and plow an area for my permanent house this Saturday, hopefully all goes well and we can finally put it out on Lake Irving. Lake Bemidji is a bit scary with all the slush problems. Don't want it to freeze in! Send us some good fish stories! Diana

Thank you all for such a warm welcome! blush.gifgrin.gif It's great to be back on the site and seeing all the new changes. My biggest pet peeve was the lack of diversity on this site and now I can see we've taken great steps in that very direction I was aiming for. Excellent.

Tami I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it, but trust me babe, I'm gonna darn well try!

Lisa You have done such an excellent job on here. I can't tell you enough how great it is to have that female guidance. No offense boys. haha

To all other women~ I know many of you are unregistered and that's okay. That's how I started. But, don't be shy...we're all here for the same reason, our love for fishing and the outdoors. Oh and the fact that we're talented WOMEN in a sport that has been male dominated for ages.

Jenna

"SmallieSweetie" does the name mean you like small mouths? If so, I', there with ya. I have a cabin up by Grand Marais and the lake I fish has smallies up the uu. I have fallen in love catching them from the kayak - what a hoot. If you hook a big one in the right mood, you are going for a ride!!! laugh.gif I've been 30 - 40 yrds from shore and have ended up grounded or in the middle of the lake by the time I get them in the boat. laugh.giflaugh.gif awesome !!!!

Honestly haven't had much experience with the kayak until last summer, so I've only dabbled with the kayak fishing trade. smile.gif

I usually use some of my close guy friends boats (I like partner fishing), however I have this baby alumacraft that works just fine.