• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

great lakes ice report

Plenty of safe ice on some areas of the IGLs. On 12/7 I did really well on Smiths Bay but it was much slower by 12/15. I would suggest Anglers Bay, but theres plenty of places you can catch fish. No mater where you go, be prepared to move a lot. I would be up there a bunch over Christmas but got family to visit and one more weekend bird hunting SD. After that, Okoboji here i come.

How is the bite and the ice? I have been hearing mixed reports. Heading back to Sanborn and Hartley for Xmas break to see the families and do some ice fishing.

Anybody heard about the bites on Trumbell or any of those lakes in that area??

Walleye #1

Well yes and no. The Weather is looking up but I've been on little emersons twice this year and haven't seen fish or caught them and that was after drilling over 100 holes. The times I've heard about the fish biting there this year have been short lived and hit or miss at best. I guess I would be more willing to spend $40 to fish a place where the fish have been and have been biting. Now its more luck than anything.

No there can be a pretty good mix of bass, pike, and muskies in little Emersons also but for the most part you will only find gills and some crappies. They were getting a few out of there last weekend but all of the houses were stacked on top of eachother on one little spot.