• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody still bowhunting the final 2 weeks

maros91

Plenty of deer on the camera but a broken toe and the flu bug ended my season early. I did get a new ground blind so I am so looking forward to next year.....

No deer for me but it was a successful year. Saw deer but no shots that I can make, maybe a little more practice and 40 yards would be ok for me just not comfortable at that distance yet.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I passed on 6 does and fawns and killed a nice 8pt buck at last light on New Years Eve. I let him be overnight and recovered him New Years Day morning. He was certainly an older deer, with a big head, a roman nose and a fatless, large frame body. I could not think of a better way then to leave the year taking a nice buck and then to bring in a new year with a deer retrieval.

Went Saturday night with two buddies, saw a ton of deer. One buddy nailed a doe about 2:30 in the afternoon. I missed a doe that I thought was 40, apparently she was farther, of course the range finder was in the truck...

Went Monday night with another buddy, different place. Set up a stand went back to the truck to get geared up. Locked the truck realized I'd forgot something in the truck so dug in pocket to get key to reopen, dropped it in 10-12" of powder, couldn't find it. I didn't have a spare anywhere on the truck, nor at home, had misplaced a key a few weeks ago & this was the spare. I know, BRILLIANT! Went & got buddy, we looked, couldn't find it, phones in the truck. Walked to two different places, finally was able to borrow a phone to call his wife to come & get us. It was 10 miles, but it took her over an hour, she got lost...

Went back New Year's day with another buddy's metal detector, finally found the key after about 45 minutes. Last "hunt" was MEMORABLE if not productive. Buddy was sitting near the truck & thought he heard a deer go by, which would have had to have gone by my stand first... I took down the stand while waiting for our ride, having never sat in it.

Guess I should have gone fishing instead.