• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagle photographic adventure

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna have to find the time to get out there with you guys on one of those shoots after my friends are done asking me to take them pheasant hunting (like that will happen before the pheasant season is over). Nice shots guys.

I was at F/7.1 dialed in at a -2/3 EV shooting in Raw and I had a tiny area that was hot, but I pulled the recovery slider to the right in ACR and ended up with what you see above. I was happy enough. I think tomorrow may be chest wader day???

I actually was thinking the very same thing about the waders myself on the way home. Hummm, I guess great minds do think alike. wink.gif Looks as if it might be cloudy, I will see what it looks like when I wake up. If the clouds are in I may skip the trip.

Most of my Goldeneyes had just one small spot on the cheek that was hot, when I was at -1. My meter is off so it is the same as your -2/3. Anything above that was toast. Ended up about the same I think.

232674072-L-1.jpg

Yeah, the whites look good on that one, Dan. It's 6:30 right now and I'm headed out to see if I can do anything with Swans, orange sunrise & Hoar frost and then around 9:00 I'll be over near Mr. Goldeneye with waders.... should be icy!

Spent the day driving up and down the valley scouting out a few locations... I found an area with a Coyote that just finished a Rabbitt and trotted away as I got close, many deer in an area near a hidden water location in the river valley. grin.gifgrin.gif Very much looking forward to setting up a blind here and playing the distress call. Saw Rough Legged and Red Tailed hawks and another I couldn't identify... an area with a few Pheasants (I'll be going back). Then down past Louisville Swamp down along the MN River Valley southbound to Henderson... lots of Turkeys! I only took pics of a few Deer in low light... not sure if they are worth PP'ing or not yet. Thats what I did on a dreary non photogenic day in the woods bordering the metro area.

Good timing there, buzz. You got the moment just right.

It's amazing how big a fish a waterfowl can swallow whole. I once watched in awe as a loon gulped down a pike of at least a pound and a half, and I've heard stories (which I believe) of loons swallowing even larger prey.

Quote:

I once watched in awe as a loon gulped down a pike of at least a pound and a half

uhh humm, I have that print!! You sold it to me a few years back!! Now I have like a hundred Loon shots I'd love to frame! Oh well, that was great timing on your part! grin.gif