• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Silhouette in Arizona

Cool shots Buzzsaw, I grew up in the shadows of Squaw Peak (It has some PC name now). That was my playground, I don't know how many times I climbed the face of it as a kid. Climbed Camelback a few times also, did you happen to get any shots of either of these two peaks? This was over 30 yrs ago, I'm amazed at how much that area has changed by viewing satelite photos of the area. Most of childhood desert haunts are now subdivisions. frown.gif

Duffman, we didn't do those area's, we did however cover over 1,200 miles in four days. Our plane landed in Phoenix, drove up to Camp Verde just south of Sedona, shot the next day in Sedona and the surrounding area ie.. Oak Creek Canyon, Montezumas Castle ate dinner and went north to Kayenta and did Monument Valley and mexican Hat (oh my was Monument Valley incredibly overwhelmingly huge), headed out for page, Az for Horseshoe Bend, Alstrom Point on Lake Powell, The Antelope Canyons, Coyote Butte North where we had a pass for The Wave! The Wave will kick everymans arse who is carrying a backpack full of camera equipment and water... it's three mile hike to the destination each way and the GPS told us wour elevation went up and down over 2,100 feet! Alot of that was going up steep inclines in ankle deep sand as well as walking on the sides of semi steep hills/mountains... I would say that if anybody is looking for an extreme challenge, do this! (with all the equipment we had on of course) we had our hearts about to rip through our chests many times and it reminded me often how out of shape I am! All in all we were able to capture a good share of the southwests most prolific landmarks all in four crazy days. This weekend is easier, Pintails, Goldeneye, Bufflehead and Widgeons are on tap. grin.gif