• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Appleton OHV/ATV Park rules for riding

rundrave

I recently discovered this park is not too far from me:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/appleton/index.html

If I am NOT a Mn resident can I just come to this ATV park and ride for a day? My quad is registered with the state of South Dakota and I found the following info on the MN DNR site:

OHVs legally registered in another state or country, and not in Minnesota for more than 30 days, are NOT required to purchase a Minnesota registration. If your state does not require a registration, you will need a Minnesota registration.

Also is the 96 decibals rule strictly enforced? I dont want to create a debate or anything but I have a quad with lots of mods and I am not exactly how loud it is with aftermarket exhaust. Its louder than stock but still has spark arrester and everything else.

Any other info on the trails there would be appreciated. I am also looking for info on the Elm Creek ATV Trails if they are worth the trip for a day of riding etc.

As far as exhaust db, If you get checked you will get a ticket but Ive only got checked once in gilbert where they check before they let you in. (95.6db shocked.gif) As far as teh appelton area its not really that great. If its only an hour away I would go but not any further than that.

I didn't think appleton was that great either. I am a 4x4 rider. I was expecting some trails for some reason but its more a park, with alot of trails that cross over each other. You have to be really careful and aware of whats going on around you. when I was there, alot of people showed up with 4x2's that were rippen around and in the air more than on the ground. I have nothing against that but I didn't feel that safe tooling around with the wife there so we split.

The ATVAM fall convention was there this past October. They have done a lot of work in the last 6-9 months in prep fo the convention. SInce there is no local club there all the work is actually done by the DNR and the City. The CIty has camping at the fair grounds and you can by yearly permit to drive your atv through town on designated atv routes. It is a small park but it is on the grow. they have some good mud holes and some good 4x2 and some good xtreme challenge trails for the 4x4's. The Yamaha reps rode their UTV's through the trails with no problems. They came out a little scratched up using the trees to turn but they said they went everywere with no problem.

Paul