• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KIDS DEER PICTURES HERE

harvey lee

I can feel what you guys are all talking about. I have been taking my son deer hunting for approx 17 years. He began to archery hunt with me approx 6 years ago and I am so proud of him for the hunter he has turned out to be.

He will do it all right and he has learned to have the patience to wait a whole fall for 1 shot at that buck he dreams of and will let many deer past. This year he harvest 5 deer with his bow and shot a very nice buck also.

Next year we will venture to Montana to the Milk river area and look for the deer of his dreams.

I can say this, if you believe times are good now, they will only get better as the memories will grow and last forever. I hunted with my father for years until he passed and now my son will continue to hunt with me until its time for another.

The harvesting of a deer is great but the times spent with our sons and daughters will leave a greater memory than that buck I once shot as we have done it all together.

I've been quietly watching this thread and haven't chimed in yet. These pics and stories are AWESOME! Just like harvey lee with his son, my dad introduced me to hunting and bowhunting and we built sooooooo many great memories together. My little boy is three years old and my little girl is three months old- I think they're each at a great age and tons of fun right now. However, I can't tell you how excited I am at the idea of taking them hunting in the future! In a few years I'll definitely have pics of us together up on this board! I can't wait...

looking through all these pictures and seeing all the smiles on the kids faces makes me excited to get Connor into hunting. As soon as he's able to walk, with the other half's permission, I'll be bringing him into the woods with me for some scouting and any other reason I can think of the get him into the woods or on the water. I can't wait.

You can wait!! Don't wish his or your years away. They go so fast. From holding the little guy to always doing exactly what you tell them not to, to asking for Gas money to having their own kids.... the years go by fast enough as it is. I hear ya though, on being excited to take him afield!! grin.gif

don't worry, I'm not wishing him to grow up faster, I'm just happy to have a little hunting partner to watch grow as a sportsman and to teach him how to be a hunter and fisherman. That's what I meant. Right now, I'm happy with him doing nothing but eating, sleeping, and messing his diaper.

When I was little I always went out with my Dad even before I was able to hunt. I thought that he was the best dad in the world.

My dad was not a bowhunter but he installed a hunting and fishing tradition in me that took over all my thoughts.

When I was sixteen my brother in-law and sister started bow hunting and I was intrigued by all that went into it so I told my dad that I really wanted to try it.

My dad ended up with cancer about two months later and our lives changed for ever. Knowing that he would not see me finish school my dad gave me brand new Martin Lynx Magnum for a early graduation present. He passed away the day before I started my senior year. That fall I took my first deer with a bow and will always cherish what my father did for me.

I have had many bows over the years but my Old Martin still hangs on the wall in memory of the greatest man I have ever known.

Today I try to follow in my fathers footsteps and get my three children out as much as possible. This is one reason that I asked Harvey if we could start this Post and pin it to the top.

The children are our future and they need good roll models.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!!!!!

These are just a few of the pictures of my kids.

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

Solo... Great post! I was able to hunt and fish with my dad up till 2 years ago and I feel the same way that you do! I think also that your dad is very proud of you as you have passed on that great tradition to his grandchildren! N Joy hunting with the kids and always cherish the memories of each and every hunt with them as well as with dad. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo