• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty 4

Meaney

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot's of people still playing.

I have been playing Battlefield Bad Company. It's alot of fun when you get a few friends together in a squad. Tanks,boats,helicopters, hum vees, jeeps and artillery strikes. make for a good gameplay variant.

Definetly worth renting to see if it's your style.

ok so heres my problem, i have had my xbox for a month and a half now and the first month it worked great. However about 2 weeks ago my internet got really bad on my computer and my 360. So i called the provider and they eventually got it fixed. My problem is now that every time i try to log in i get an error message and every time i test the xbox live connection the MTU always fails. I have tried to find a solution online but everything is way over my head complicated and i am still stuck with no COD cry Can anybody give me a little information to help fix this problem????

bassboy, you are probably better off checking in an Xbox360 help forum. I'm no expert but let me try

Your Xbox and computer arent talking correctly. If you have a router, disconnect it and hook directly up to your modem.

That will take the router out of the equation.

You need to change your MTU settings on your router and modem to match Xbox 360s. You will need to get online and figure out how to do that for each of your devices.

did they give you a new router or modem when they fixed your problem? how did they fix it? seems like that's when your trouble started

No new router or modem so im not sure why the mtu changed. I looked in on how to change the mtu and you have to get into your computers registry. Thats pretty tricky stuff once you get into there and one false change and crash your whole computer. Maybe ill try and call my provider to see if they have any insight and if that doesnt work i will just call xbox support. No duty is ALMOST as bad as no fishing minnesota!!! but not quite! thanks for the help.

Have you tried cycling power to the router with the XBOX off and then staring the XBOX again?

There are a ton of results when you google this problem. Maybe you can sort through them and find the answer. There might be something that your ISP has to do with the modem configuration that they messed up or missed when they worked with you last time.

changing a registry can be a tricky thing. Youre right, you can screw up your whole computer if done wrong....BUT you can backup your registry and restore it if you find this is the case.

Before I made any changes to the registry, I would definitely read up on how to back it up, then actually back it up.

after looking on the internet, MTU appears to be only changeable by editing your registry.

I'd consider removing the hardware and starting over first (reinstalling, etc etc). Use registry edit as your last resort. Good luck

BACK IN ACTION! With a little help from a friend i backed up the registry and carefully found my way to the MTU setting in the registry. It was set at 1300 so thats why it wasnt working. Changed it to 1365 and its been great ever since. Thanks for the help!