• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What a nice guy

Phill Aldahl

As I was walking out of the woods tonight, at a local WMA, I was checked by a CO. Turned out to be a great guy. He checked my license asked me if I had been having any luck, which I haven't, haven't seen a deer since pheasant opener. Anyways he asked about a few permenant stands that are out there. He also said obviously I didn't since I had my chair in my hand. Anyways I ended up forgetting my chair in the parking area. He took the time to find my phone number call me up and drop it off at my house less than an hour later. What a guy. Next time you see a CO tell them what a great job they are doing, no only keeping everyone safe and legal, but going out of their way to help someone out.

the only time people think cos and cops are aholes is when they are on the wrong side of the law. sure some may be dimbats, but its probably dealing with (Contact Us Please) day in and day out that starts to take a toll on them.

Phill!

I think I know where you were hunting? grin.gif I do not know, but there have been a rash of perms on the WMA's around where I live and I think CO's are on top of it!

Great to hear of this! I met up with a CO tonight and they were in full force and patrolling land area's you would not even think of , in their tricked out new 4 wheelers. The wheelers are deck out to the max!

All I know, is there are going to be some boggled old guys and poachers surprised this year!

Stay on there good side and they do check up on FM!

I wish i had got a pic of the CO on the Wheeler! He looked pretty cool! cool.gif

I hope he reads this post. I told him how much I appreciated it, but how many other people tell him that and are full of it. Now only if the deer would coopoperate. I have been out over 40 times already and have only seen 6 deer while on stand. With all the people walking these WMA I think the deer have moved out or move by night. Oh well what can you do but keep trying. By the way the land was a few miles north of Mankato on 169.

I really believe that almost all CO's are very nice guys and all they are doing is trying to protect our resources for the sportsmen and women. I'm sure that the day after day of abuse takes it toll.

What would one have left for fish and game if the DNR was not out watching the ones that dont follow the rules???

These guys and gals are human also and will have their bad days to.

Quote:

I really believe that almost all CO's are very nice guys and all they are doing is trying to protect our resources for the sportsmen and women.

These guys and gals are human also and will have their bad days to.

Amen.

I was going to my uncles house in Ham Lake last Friday. Got off work early and brought the dog over. I thought hey lets stop off at Carlos Avery.

So the dog and I took off along a field. Orange hat and no gun.

A female CO stopped and looked at us when we were a couple hundred yards in the field. My lil puppy is only 3 1/2 months so she is full of excitment.

When we got close to the parking area my lil puppy saw her and went nuts. She was extremely nice and told me where to go to kick up a pheasant to help out the dog. I was very impressed at her demenor, professionalism and personality.