• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rutting activity???

bmc

i should mention that all my hunts have been morning hunts, it seems to be either to windy or warm in the evenings lately. but i don't end my morning hunts until noon or 2 lol.

took the day off from hunting today because of the wind...out of all the elements in the outdoors wind is the worst for hunting imo...can't stand it.

looks like it's cooling off alot tonight and the wind is gonna die down to 5-10 mph but is suppose to pick back up to 20-30 mph sometime tomorrow...i got 2 days left to try getting my big bow buck before gun opener so i'm headin out in the morning for a long sit.

breaking out all the tactics, rattling, snort wheeze, growl, the can......if there's a dominant buck in the area he can come get some...woooooooo

ouch it stings!! in my stand at 6:40 and didn't leave until 1:45...broke out every trick in the book and didn't even see a single deer...boy thats a long sit without a sighting...heard something stompin around behind a thicket but thats it...it burns lol

was out cruising with binocs today looking for activity, saw 3 does at 3:25. Even stopped by a deer farm to see how the grunt calls, and bleat can work, hehe, got this one bucked all fired up, a little 6 point, he was on a tear, it was great! Didn't see any activity this eve on the ride home which i found odd, been seeing them out for last couple days. Maybe it is this wind, seems to me windy days are good days to organize a drive.

My dad had a decent 8 chasing a doe through his yard last night and saw the same pair this evening from his stand. He said the 8 was after that doe for 2 hours straight. He couldn't get him to come close enough for a shot. I called in a spike today and shot him. See "5 minute bow hunt" post.

Brian

I hunt SW of Forest Lake and since about mid October I have been hunting a ton. I have never seen anything close to the level of activity in the woods then I saw today. At least two of my does are in estrous! The bucks are completely going nuts. It was quit the show this morning grin.gifgrin.gif

Cannot wait till tomorrow am!! 10 1/2 hours till legal shoot wink.gif

P.S. 2 of my big 10 pointers were in on the game today. The one came within about 60 yds but for the life of me could not break him loose!

Anyone have any advice to at least stop a buck hot on a doe?? I tried everything today short of jumping up and down and announcing that I was there.

I was eating lunch in the cafeteria today at work (our office is in a nature preserve) and saw a doe and 2 fawns walk through the field by the window. Sure enough, here comes a 8 point right after them. This is in Vadnais Heights.