• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ripley Report 18th-19th

maros91

Uh huh, trying to soften me up with that old "this is my first time" line. grin.gif For you my American friend...I give you really good deal.

In all seriousness, It would be fun to meet some fellow FMers and share some stories. I've hunted Ripley for many many years and shot quite a few deer there but never scored on a big Ripley buck yet so not sure if you would even want my old spots.

Nels

My buddy and I will be getting to line about 9:00PM Friday. I'm driving a 98 Chev pickup with topper. Pewter in color with a star of life sticker and fire dept maltese cross sticker on topper door. Stop by and say hi, would love to meet some of you and talk smart for a bit....plenty of time to kill in line, anyway, lol

Dustin

Quote:

My buddy and I will be getting to line about 9:00PM Friday. I'm driving a 98 Chev pickup with topper. Pewter in color with a star of life sticker and fire dept maltese cross sticker on topper door. Stop by and say hi, would love to meet some of you and talk smart for a bit....plenty of time to kill in line, anyway, lol

Dustin

That is a long way back to say "hi". Maybe Sunday. wink.gif

Well it started out as a wet day the 1st day of our hunt. We went to our normal spot about 11 miles up on the east side and sat until 10:00 a.m. When we got down and started looking around we found little to no sign in our normal hot spot so we decided to look for a new spot. After driving around for about a hour we decided to head back to camp and put on some new cloths for the afternoon hunt. We went back out and found a new spot but only seen one doe and two fawns that night. The next morning I told the boys that we would sleep in and let the line clear out before heading in. We drove around for about an hour and decided to try a spot. We did get 100 yards for the truck and jumped 3. I told my son and a buddy that they should just sit on this opening that we found and I would take a look around for some stand spots. When I was gone they seen 1 six and 8 does and fawn in about 45 minutes. I found three spots that looked good so I went back and got the boys so we could set up our stands. We were in the stands about 45 minutes and my son shot a fawn and I shot this 197 pound eight point. Just when I thought that we were going to call the Ripley hunt a wash out. Just goes to show that you never know what is going to happen.

DSC00209.jpg

Dale, shoot me an email man! I thought I recognized you from that pic. I lived with Jamie in that house T. Peka owned by Mcdonalds, you were there once or twice smirk.gif I worked there for 3 years..... got an idea yet?

Bye the way, I saw Jamie about a month ago with his girlfriend/fiance?? , too.

r l haehn az charter dizzle net

Quote:

Dale, shoot me an email man! I thought I recognized you from that pic. I lived with Jamie in that house T. Peka owned by Mcdonalds, you were there once or twice
smirk.gif
I worked there for 3 years..... got an idea yet?

Bye the way, I saw Jamie about a month ago with his girlfriend/fiance?? , too.

r l haehn az charter dizzle net

Ryan, Is that you? It must be about 8 years or better. What are you doing now days?

With the weather that you had I figured you would have had a great hunt. What area did you hunt? We did not have a lot of people in the area that we normally hunt so I think that it played a roll in not seeing any deer the first day of our hunt. The area that we hunted the second day was wall to wall people but it got the deer moving.