• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How long???

Scoot

I think my dad had a bb gun in my hand when I was 4 or 5 years old. I started bowhunting for deer with him in I believe 1987 or 1988 when I was 14 or 15. Yikes, 20 years ago. It's amazing how time flies...

Had a Paul Bunyan 28# fiberglass staight bow with a homemade nylon cord string about the time I had my first BB gun. (8-10 yrs old). My brother got the 40# frown.gif.

We hunted striped gophers alot. Kinda tough to hit smirk.gif. We cut down tin soup cans with bent ears to tape them to the bow for holding the string to bow fish.

It took me ALONG time to get away from rifle/shotgun and get a decent bow for deer. Finally did it in '96 to prep for an Alaskan caribou hunt in '97. Didn't take my one shot offered though. Too far too windy and two weeks since the last practice arrow. The rifles came out on the last hunt day.

Been with the bow ever since. I only rifle hunt now so I can take my daughter with. I don't think she'll ever get the hang of the bow. frown.gif

I now own BOTH of the Paul Bunyan bows though! grin.gif

This is my first season with a bow. After many unsucessful outings and a few successful outings with the one week rifle seasons, I figured more time in the woods can only increase the odds, especially since the land I hunt is private and surrounded by private land and rifle opener sounds like wwIII has started. I have hunted every weekend since opener this year with no sucess. I watched one doe from a ground blind but didnt get close enough. The next weekend during early doe rifle season, she WAS close enough. Still hoping hard for the first bow kill this year. I usually take the whole gun week off work but this year have to travel to phoenix for work the wed-friday of rifle week. That being the case, I am heading up next wednesday to bowhunt until Friday night. Hopefully I can pull one off. If not, I'll rifle hunt until Tuesday prior to heading to AZ. It has been tough to sit all day and not see anything but I'm not giving up yet! Oh yeah, I am now 34.

I started hunting when I was 4 with my mom or dad, and I am now 34, my two kids started with a bb gun and bow this year and they are 7 and 5. They love to go HUNT in the back yard at the deer target and love to sit in Grandpa's stand with him. Hater, swivel chair, 4 walls, roof, and a deck! They go out and have lunch and look with the binocs for deer and use the can calls. Sometimes they even get to take a nap in the stand and try and snore in the deer! grin.gif

My kids hunt and fish all the time. We had them ice fishing in their porta cribs and when the 3rd one is here on Dec. 11th she will be out ice fishing also this winter in her porta crib!

They are our future and the earlier the better in my mind!

I started bowhunting in 85. Bought my first bow with the help of a friend at the compound Dr. back when they were on Rice Street I think. Long time ago anyways. Been hooked ever since. I guess that means 22 years. Wow time flies!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif