• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DEER WEIGHT

DOUBLELUNG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks BLB, My buddy is a good camera guy.

I shot this guy on a different piece of property than the one two years ago. But the habitat management and passing on small bucks is working great on my piece of property.

jnorm, I do remember meeting you at Sandstone. How is the wildlife biologist thing going?

Any deer dressed over 200 is a pig and definately uncommon, Those approaching 250 are just amazing.

It appears there are some genes for heavy deer where I'm hunting in recent trends. Three years ago I took one that was 204. Last year I was unable to recover what would have been my biggest ever, I did get to see the rack after the neighbor found it, and he stated it was the biggest boddied deer he's seen. Then i passed up a questionable shot at an 8 ptr my dad later shot with a gun that went 214. This year my buck was 223, and the 25 yrs of hunting this area before this has produced only 2 bucks over 200 lbs.

In all my years deer hunting I have only seen 2 honest to goodnest 200+ lb deer.

I am blown away by all the 200 lb'ers out there.

My buck this year was a very stout deer with a Hugh neck and body and I would say he went 160.

Congrats to everyone on there 200 lb'ers.

Mark