• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hanging Clothes outside

CC Hurl

If you guys are Like me you normally hang your clothes outside to air out when your not in the woods.

Do you leave them out in the rain or bring them in somewere?

Just wondering if the rain leaves an oder affter drying.

Also anyone use them Tinks Carbon bags to put your clothes in? I got some a while back and have not yet used them. I still use the heavy plastic bag and carry clothes into the woods before changing.

Hope your all having a good season so far. I am as i have meet in the freezer as of last saturday morning. Nice doe at 25 yards. Ran 20 and fell. Double lung pass thru.

Gotta love it.

Good luck and be safe,

CC HURL

I hang mine outside most of the time. I keep them in a big old shady tree. Lately with all the rain I decided to try something different. So after they dried I filled a rubber tote full of leaves and stuffed all my stuff except for the bow in it. Last night I had a nice doe come through downwind at 20 yards. No clue I was there. So far so good.

I keep mine in scent free bag from H.S. I wash them with the scent free soap and put them in the drier and straight into the bag. I change before and after entering and exiting the woods. I also take scent free shower before each hunt when bow hunting.

try a cheap tote with a lid from walmart. depending on where you hunt, pines, oaks, field edge, buy the same area scented wafer. like the earth scent, which i use. throw the wafer on top of the clothes and close the lid. clothes may smell strong like the wafer, but shot a nice 8 pointer second weekend at 12 yards. Just from kneeling in the grass on the ground. just kneeling there, no blind! Proved success crazy.gif

Quote:

I keep mine in scent free bag from H.S. I wash them with the scent free soap and put them in the drier and straight into the bag. I change before and after entering and exiting the woods. I also take scent free shower before each hunt when bow hunting.

this is what I do to a tee, works well for me, except I get the basics put on at home and I will put on a coverall suit that I wash with the clothes as well, takes some of the work out of getting dressed out in the woods, it also makes a good atv suit for not getting stinky, and makes one heck of a fashion statement. ( its lime green) grin.giftongue.gif

Since I've had two of the HS clothing bags fail on me now, (the seal strip tears loose from the top edge of the bag) I've discovered Ziploc Big Bags. The XXL size works best, since it has room for all my camo, my insulated jacket and the orange vest for gun season.

You can get a 4-pack of the Ziplocs for about 7 dollars and with their double-thick top section, built-in carry handle and double sealer strips, they are much more heavily made than the HS bag, which costs about that much for just one bag.

I wash mine in scent free soap and then again in "dirt flavored" grin.gif Then I air dry them on the line and put them into some of my old river rat drybags from my time in CO. They are the same as the HS scent bags and I already have them. I also sit in a pine so I have a pine scent wafer as well as a dirt wafer. I try to put them where I feel the most wind hitting a certain part of my body on any given day. Seems to work well.

Quote:

Since I've had two of the HS clothing bags fail on me now, (the seal strip tears loose from the top edge of the bag) I've discovered Ziploc Big Bags. The XXL size works best, since it has room for all my camo, my insulated jacket and the orange vest for gun season.

You can get a 4-pack of the Ziplocs for about 7 dollars and with their double-thick top section, built-in carry handle and double sealer strips, they are much more heavily made than the HS bag, which costs about that much for just one bag.

Sodajerk,

you beat me to it but that's what i did. Purchase the 17 gallon or larger bags with handles and they work great. I have a bag just for socks, pants, shirts, hats, and gloves. Then another for bibs and jacket. This is the cheapest way to keep your gear scent free and away from any contamination. I sometimes hang my clothes outside if I know it's going to be sunny and warm but do keep in mind that if your neighbor is mowing the lawn and the smell could carry into your yard from the exhaust.

mr

I washed my clothes a day before the season opened and they have been hanging in my apple tree out back since I took them off opening day. When I go out I wear the clothes that I have sealed in a container and then before I walk out into the woods I put the camo on out of the tree wink.gif